why hasn't my sellers preferences of -1 stopped a buyer with no feedback.?

dd58s
Community Member

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: why hasn't my sellers preferences of -1 stopped a buyer with no feedback.?

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I think you will find if the buyer is phone verified it will overide that block.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Lyndal is correct and it stinks, if we want to block buyers it should our choice not to be overidden.
Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Actually, it's because 0 is more than -1. 

The -1 block is useless these days, as it will only block members who have more negatives than positives, which is very rare, and impossible for someone who is only a buyer.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

And how do you expect members to gain feedback if every seller thinks they should be able to block 0 FB members?

I'll hazard a guess that you started with 0 FB. Would you have been happy to be auto-blocked?

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

I've had no problems with 0-5 feedback people.

My auto blocks on members with 2 non-paying strikes are much different.The attempted bid history on that shows most auto blocked had a fb score of 500+ in many cases.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

I too tend to have most issues with the several hundred feedback buyers. All my 0-5 FB buyers have either paid immediately or within 30 minutes of the invoice being sent. I figure we all had to start somewhere. New people are signing up all the time. I had a 0 FB buyer a few months ago who was having issues working out how to pay as she wanted to pay via direct deposit. She was in constant contact and we got there in the end. She was extremely worried that she was going to be labelled a bad buyer because it took her 3 days to pay. I gave her lots of hints and suggestions and she was extremely grateful. She ended up buying another 4 things off me over a few weeks and paid for them all immediately. Not all 0 feedback buyers are scammers, some of them (a lot of them) are just new genuine buyers who have just signed up.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

I love newbie, zero feedback buyers. Often things do go astray but if you are patient and understanding and help them through the payment process you often get a grateful, repeat buyer who will come back to you as they know they will be treated well. I get very few non payers but those I do get tend to be higher feedbackers.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

I love newbie buyers too. A few months ago I had a bidding war between a 0 feedback buyer and a 3 feedback buyer. They obviously hadn't shopped around or had an idea what some things were worth, because the selling price was WAAAAYYYYYY higher than it should've been. I'd seen BIN's for the same thing at 1/4 of the price of what it sold for. I suppose some people like the thrill of the auction as opposed to buying it outright. The 0 feedback buyer won.........I think he was determined to win at all costs, because as soon as the other buyer put in a higher bid, he would keep upping his bid until he was the highest bidder again. He paid within seconds of the auction finishing and left glowing feedback as soon as it arrived.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Good avice about guiding newbies through the payment process.Had an issue with that last week with a 0 fb newbie paying/overpaying for combined post items with bank deposit.

Definitely something i will keep in mind from now on.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply