why low performance of my account throws my listing far away from page 1 ?

low performance throws my listings far away from page 1 that i cant even find upto 50 pages. while i was at the peak of selling. what to do , need suggestion?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: why low performance of my account throws my listing far away from page 1 ?

Up your performance.

I assume you are talking about 'Best' Match? It is supposed to be biased towards top rated and above average sellers.

But anybody who has any experience here wouldn't use BM as a search criterion anyway. I use Price + Postage - Lowest First. Which your performance level would not impact. A lot seem to use Ending Soonest (especially for auctions). Which your performance level would not impact.

Bottom line - get your performance level up if it impacts on your sales.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Thanks dear for prompt reply. how to take my level up. do i need to end those listings and and start again. will they also throw my news listing so far away from page 1 ? sometime is it not possible to put everything with 30+ days money back gurantee and free postage to achieve power seller level. kindly tell me how to improve my performance up? your advise will be highly appreciated. Thanks

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

I am not your 'dear'.

Not having listings that comply with eBay's ridiculous Premium seller requirements has nothing to do with your low performance. Or whether or not you are a powerseller, although PS is a requirement to be TRS. I am TRS and none of my listings get the Premium badge. Low performance is specific and eBay would have told you what the issue is. The negatives and neutrals would have an impact though. As would any other low DSRs. Look at your seller dashboard. If any of your stars are not in the 'Top Rated' section, then they will be in the 'Below Standard'. All you can do is sell more than are dropping off for the running 12 months, which will dilute the 1 & 2s, or wait for them to drop off in the same running 12 month period.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

It seems that performance is down across the board at the moment.

Our sales have been depressed about 60% in the past few weeks.

When our BM ranking is down then our sales are down and vice-versa.

When our rankings are down what we see is a whole bunch of products located in China are above us. We believe this is what does the damage to us. IMHO the default search should be products located in Australia since this is eBay Australia, not eBay China. Then if buyers wish to change that default they can to include the world. But don't hold ya breath waiting for eBay to make that change!

Our DSR's are very high on both our stores. Mostly 5.0's. Couple of 4.9's.

Our NEG's are only 1 in more than 1,000 and 1,700.

So I don't beieve it's our performance as a seller that drags our BM rankings down.

We are unsure why BM rankings vary so much but for sure it is directly linked to sales volume.

Seems if for whatever reason your sales drop then your BM rankings drop as well. Then to get back up again you have to get more sales. But how do you do that when you are already on the bottom. What seems to happen is that a couple of returning customers will come back and buy and that seems to be the catalyst that kicks it along once again.

It's hard to make a living selling on here, so we are currently developing our own web site to try and hedge against this kinda thing happening.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

with over ten million sellers listing items daily and only 50 items can be on page one.....now what are the odds of any given seller being on page 1....sorry but all sellers can not be on the first page.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply