your ebay item sold email no longer shows address?

So the latest 'your ebay item sold' email does not show the buyers address, as far as i can see anyway, is it just me or have ebay decided to change this for some unknown reason? i hope its not the latter, its handy to have it there to refer to rather than having to get the address from the paypal email or the website. This mainly applies if i am out at the PO & need to look up the buyers address to write on a parcel.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Already posted in this thread.

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/Paypal-messages-not-showing-send-to-address/m-p/2079468#M157...

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

thanks, i had not yet noticed that paypal email also did not show the address, what a pain in the behind!

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

You should be using the address shown in Paypal to post to. If it differs from the one in ebay and you send to the ebay address you may not be covered if the item goes missing. 

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

But the Paypal emails aren't showing the address either. You need to go into Paypal to get the address if you're not using eBay postage.

Even if you are, I wouldn't be relying on eBay to have the address correct. I haven't found them to be wrong yet, but I still double-check before I commit to paying for a label.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

The sold email I got tonight said the item has sold and the buyer has paid, so I can send it. Then there is a big blue print postage label button. Is this ebay's way of getting people to print labels? It won't work with this black duck. 

Interestingly, the app told me the item had been paid for 5 minutes before it told me the item had sold. The buyers address is visible on the app, so if it doesn't appear in the order details, I'll copy it from the app. The address only shows in there once the buyer has been through checkout, so I'm assuming it's the correct one to send to.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

@stickerswa wrote:

You should be using the address shown in Paypal to post to. If it differs from the one in ebay and you send to the ebay address you may not be covered if the item goes missing. 

The address shown in the ebay sales record is the PayPal address given and validated by the buyer during checkout, if they paid using paypal. Even if they paid some other method then the sales record address in ebay is still the buyer validated address to ship to. It's the completion of the checkout process by the buyer that locks the shipping address into the sales record on ebay. If you use ebay postage labels then this same address is what is used to print the label.

There is no need to be double checking in paypal for a correct address as its already been provided by ebay in the sales record.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

The sold email I got tonight said the item has sold and the buyer has paid, so I can send it. Then there is a big blue print postage label button. Is this ebay's way of getting people to print labels? It won't work with this black duck. 

Interestingly, the app told me the item had been paid for 5 minutes before it told me the item had sold. The buyers address is visible on the app, so if it doesn't appear in the order details, I'll copy it from the app. The address only shows in there once the buyer has been through checkout, so I'm assuming it's the correct one to send to.

well i don't even own a printer (due to ink being so expensive & i don't have alot of free space here) & i don't see how Ebay would have anything to gain by making people print labels?

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

The postal address on both the PP and Ebay notifications is gone for me.

I get a separate Ebay confirmation of the sale and a PP confirmation of the payment. I usually scan through both as I can pick up a difference in address without actually logging into PP. Now I will HAVE to go through the extra steps to do something I was able to do at a glance beforehand.

What a ********** pain.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

it certainly is a stupid idea of them & i cannot see why they have done this?!

does anyone have a link for making a compllaint to ebay about this? (thats if we're even able to) i've gone around in circles with 'contact us'...

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply