zero feedback accounts

hi guys 

After people thoughts on selling to zero feedback accounts on auctions.   I have just had 1 here that i caught that was really set alarm bells off bid on a couple of auctions here.   Has pulled their bids gaven their ebay account was only about 30-40 mins old going off the time of bid 1am 17/8/2020 and the date of account been made 17/8/2020 so the account I guessing had not been fully verified by ebay yet been that long since I made an ebay account I can not even remember what checks etc are done lol.   So alarm bells were ringing with this user and what interesting the buyer has NOT messaged or question the bids being pulled further justifty the bids been pulled to protect myself.

Just wondering what other peoples experiences with these types of accounts that are only less than a hour old or a couple hours ???

cheers guys.

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

zero feedback accounts

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Everyone starts with 0 feedback.....even you.

No all 0 fedback accounts are up to no good.  It is not unusual for someone to open an account to be able to bid on an item.

I opened a second account for my OH to use and he placed bids within minutes.

There was no verifiation to be done with ebay and the account was attached to the paypal account that I already had.

It is quite possible that the member does not even know that you have cancelled the bids....they may not even look at the auction until it is nearing the end.

How are you protecting yourself from a new member?  They don't pay so you open a NPB dispute and get your fees back and issue them with a strike....that will show them that it is not acceptable to not pay and only takes a few clicks.

I can't see any justification for your actions "to protect yourself" and you may just have turned away someone who may have been a repeat buyer.....can you afford that in this climate?

Message 2 of 28
Latest reply

zero feedback accounts

Your loss their gain I guess.
We all started with zero feedback, on my business account I have never had an issue with zero feedback buyers, more problems with people with 1000's or 91 feedback.
You may have lost your self a sale or a higher bid.
Message 3 of 28
Latest reply

zero feedback accounts

Given the fact you're selling high risk items, gold, I believe you have every reason to be concerned. There's no way I'd be posting gold off to a zero feedback buyer. There it is. We all have our concerns and act to protect ourselves however we see fit

Message 4 of 28
Latest reply

zero feedback accounts

"There's no way I'd be posting gold off to a zero feedback buyer".

I feel for  any buyer who has quite a few trouble free purchases but has not received any feedback.

Message 5 of 28
Latest reply

zero feedback accounts

@silver-fox-bullion wrote:

hi guys 

After people thoughts on selling to zero feedback accounts on auctions.   I have just had 1 here that i caught that was really set alarm bells off bid on a couple of auctions here.   Has pulled their bids gaven their ebay account was only about 30-40 mins old going off the time of bid 1am 17/8/2020 and the date of account been made 17/8/2020 so the account I guessing had not been fully verified by ebay yet been that long since I made an ebay account I can not even remember what checks etc are done lol.   So alarm bells were ringing with this user and what interesting the buyer has NOT messaged or question the bids being pulled further justifty the bids been pulled to protect myself.

Just wondering what other peoples experiences with these types of accounts that are only less than a hour old or a couple hours ???

cheers guys.

My thoughts are that there's a lot of unjustified paranoia regarding zero feedback accounts.

If someone who hasn't used eBay before finds an item they're interested in, signs up so they can bid or buy, well then of course their account might be only minutes old when first used!

And why would you assume they haven't been verified properly if you can't remember your own sign up process?

If someone cancelled my bid on an item, I wouldn't necessarily message either so I don't see that as any kind of proof you've read it right.

I've made a number of sales this year to buyers with brand new accounts, some for items worth several hundreds of dollars—no issues at all.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 6 of 28
Latest reply

zero feedback accounts

I sold an item to a 0 feedback buyer the other day. He bid on the auction and then paid immediately after. 

I'm wondering why the OP cancelled the bids of that 0 feedback bidder, when there are other 0 feedback bidders still active?

Message 7 of 28
Latest reply

zero feedback accounts

My feeling is most people would only open an ebay account if they saw something they were interested in and wanted to buy something or put in a bid for it .

That's the only reason I sign up to a lot of other websites (not auction websites, just company websites).

Ebay is advertising a fair bit on TV so it may be getting some new people browsing and signing up. So, it could be perfectly legit. Everyone has to start somewhere.

Having said that, some sales items admittedly are more high risk than others so if you feel uncomfortable about any aspect of a bid, better to cancel or block before the sale. There will be other buyers out there that you can sell to.

Message 8 of 28
Latest reply

zero feedback accounts

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

I sold an item to a 0 feedback buyer the other day. He bid on the auction and then paid immediately after. 

I'm wondering why the OP cancelled the bids of that 0 feedback bidder, when there are other 0 feedback bidders still active?

Spidey-sense not giving warnings on those ones, perhaps?

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 9 of 28
Latest reply

zero feedback accounts

Yes, especially given they are a brand new member, but already know how to retract bids...twice.

Message 10 of 28
Latest reply