zero feedback buyer trying to be clever.....

buyer sent item back got a $6.05 to pay for pickup .........drop off card

rule one no tracking will end up on shelf in PO then RTS......(return to sender)

no tracking no refund

see tomorrow how we play this out........

we all need to be on our toes ........

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

If it was for change of mind then no reason for you to pay return postage however if it was for item not as described then I have always paid for the return if I have wanted it back and next month the new ebay policy will force all sellers to do the same.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Check your return policy for this item, if "return postage by buyer" is stated then you don't need to refund. PayPal may refund buyer but not with your money.
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

cq_tech
Community Member
It sounds like your buyer may have returned the item via an unstamped large letter and if it has no return address, if you don't pay the outstanding fine & postage and pick it up from the PO, the item will end up at the DLO and the buyer won't receive his refund because he hasn't returned the item with tracking, as required by Paypal.
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

I had the same thing happen once. Buyer returned item "reciever to pay". As I didnt want to drag my local PO into the dispute, I paid the fee and then messaged the buyer to say that as  ebays policy was for buyers to pay return postage cost, I would refund his money minus the return postage and extra fine fee. I did this, put him on my BBL and never heard from him again. That was before the days of defects though.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

I am a seller and strive to sell products which are in very good or excellent condition.

On the occasions that I have had a complaint, ... I have negotiated with the buyer, and if we both agreed, I give a complete refund and don't bother having the item returned.    That makes two happy people  (I accept I have overlooked something).

I only once had something returned.    That was when a buyer disputed the brand and size.    It was Esprit and she said it wasn't a genuine brand and it was a small size !!   When it came back, I took it into the Esprit store ... they comfirmed it was Esprit and the correct size.   I then relisted it and got $10 more than the original lady paid. 🙂   Again, one happy seller.

I think it's important that if you receive an item and there is a problem, email the seller and try to come to a satisfactory outcome.   (while saying that, I know there are unreasonable sellers and buyers who are very hard to negotiate with).

Have a nice day to all 'eBayers'...   🙂

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

@dotm2004 wrote:

I am a seller and strive to sell products which are in very good or excellent condition.

On the occasions that I have had a complaint, ... I have negotiated with the buyer, and if we both agreed, I give a complete refund and don't bother having the item returned.    That makes two happy people  (I accept I have overlooked something).

Hi Dotm2004, Like you I let the buyer keep the item and refund if it is a genuine case of "my mistake", but occasionally ( around one in one thousand transactions ) you come across a very difficult buyer who just tries to make your life as unpleasant as they can. I dont take any carp from buyers like this and do things strictly by the rule book. Its rare that I get a request for return and on the few occasions it does happen, it is usually because ther buyer realised it did not suit their purpose, once they recvieved the item. I still accept returns / refunds on these items and have gained some regular return customers as a result.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply