Why has Ebay (au) been unusable for the past weeks.

I am not exaggerating. It takes minutes to browse a single page via scrolling and even longer to navigate from page to page. 

It locks up my browser  - meaning I have to wait until Ebay FINALLY finishes whatever background is going on before I can even go to another website tab that is already open. (or write a google search)

It isn't the browser - the browser works perfectly and normally UNTIL I OPEN EBAY.

It isn't my equipment - I am IT savvy enough to know basic to intermediary troubleshooting.

I do NOT have anything downloading in the background, and I STRESS, my issues with anything else ONLY happen when ebay is open.

Nothing has been changed in my Ebay account from my side, and I have not added any new software at all. 

I have unlimited download and generous bandwidth.

SO, WHAT IS GOING ON AND WHEN WILL IT BE FIXED?

View Entire Topic
lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

At the risk of asking the obvious....have you cleared cookies and cache and rebooted your computer?

If you are using IE you could try Chrome or FIrefox as they are more ebay friendly.

Do you have an adblocker on your browser?   Several posters have reported very slow loading of ebay because of all the ads on the site there days.

I never have a problem and I never see any ads.