What do you do when ebay accuses a buyer for not paying, when its not the truth.

I had an item for sale on ebay and offered to deliver it. The gearbox become a problem. I immediately contacted the buyer and told him I could not deliver a faulty item, so I am canceling the sale.

Now ebay have sent him a non payment strike and the buyer is having problems trying to agree to cancel the sale of the item I was selling.

Nobody at ebay will contact us to tell us wjhat is going on and in the mean time both me and the buyer hang waiting.

I think its time the Communications Umbudsman stepped in to oversea the opperations of ebay, because not even customers can get honest answers from them as to who accepts responsibility for making the big mistakes.

SHAME ON EBAY

The last message I got from ebay, was an instruction for me to tell the buyer how to fix the problem, in stead of ebay themselves conatcting the buyer to help him.

Yes I've prionted it for evidence.

View Entire Topic

ebay don't cancel or open unpaid cases.

What has probably happened is when you were sending a mutual cancellation, you have accidentally clicked on unpaid item.

ebay is for members to action almost everything themselves, that is how the site works.

Go into resolve a problem or cases and see if you can close the case as paid.

Then mark it as unpaid and send a mutual cancellation for the buyer to accept.

Then you get your fee refunded.

I also suggest you read up on how the ebay site works with selling in site map at the bottom of ebay pages.