Rare & Hard to Get Books

Kal - Judy Nunn, tried o/seas supplier, currently unavailable

Look on ebay, 1 in NZ for $19 and one in the US for $48, none in Aus.

Had 2 customers pestering me for it, but won't pay more than $10 for one.

Had a copy come in and bang, out it went to the 1st happy customer, hopefully she reads it and brings it back in. ๐Ÿ˜

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Rare & Hard to Get Books

yarmak
Community Member

Thye problem with this particular book is the thickness of it specially if a paperback.By the time i see them they are usually cactus and good for the bin

Dave

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

Rare & Hard to Get Books

If it's that rare and sought after then people are like to buy in any condition. I'd be listing it anyway.

I did that once with a book I was about to throw out. The cover came off while I was listing so I stuck it at 99c, the bidding was very nice.

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

Rare & Hard to Get Books

Bit like Kalinda as it was even thicker than Kal and more notorious at splitting it's glued spine and loose pages falling out

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

Rare & Hard to Get Books

go-tazz
Community Member

Bit like Kalinda as it was even thicker than Kal and more notorious at splitting it's glued spine and loose pages falling out

The second Kalinda I sold was sort of similar.

The spine had let go of some of the pages,so the previous owner drilled three holes though the book,put string through them and tied it alll back together nice and tight,(still got $50 for it,),:-D

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

Rare & Hard to Get Books

That's pretty cool Tazz, I've just been selling Kalinda for $15 in the shop as I had ended up with 4 copies of them after not doing online stuff for 2 years.

Bit like my Footrot Flats that I have ended up putting inside the shop as I can't be bothered with the online stuff.

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

Rare & Hard to Get Books

go-tazz
Community Member

They have both dropped in price compared to the last few years and with the extra bit involved for online sales,the shop sounds like a good option,:-D

The Footrot Flats Weekenders seem to be the main ones they are still willing to pay higher prices for.

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

Rare & Hard to Get Books

go-tazz
Community Member

It thought it was pretty cool,B-),(especially after getting $137.50 for the first Kalinda),:O

I would have been happy to get $5 for the second one,(total outlay for the two was $1.50),:-D

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

Rare & Hard to Get Books

yarmak
Community Member

Mr Forgetful

Spied today at local bookshop 2 new copies of Kal $25 I think each.Interested?

Dave

Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

Rare & Hard to Get Books

I sold $130 of Footrots yesterday in the shop, I was informed one was selling online for $80 so one happy shopper got a nice bargain.

Doesn't worry me as there was $750 in the till at the end of the day.

Glad to know there are new Kal books out in the marketplace.

My customers are after 2nd hand copies for $6ea though, that's why they keep trying their luck here.

You do have the odd customer who gives up waiting and just asks me to order them a title online.

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply