Australian BSB account not recognized by ebay

zglozik
Community Member

Hello,

I changed bank to another Australian bank a year ago, and when I tried to add my bank account details to the payment page ebay does not recognize the BSB number. I have called my bank, who said this was a new branch BSB number, so it may take a while for ebay to recognize it - this was a year ago, and ebay still does not recognize the BSB number. I had no problem using the same BSB for many other Australian telco/utility service providers for direct debits.

Can you someone advise on how I can get ebay to add a missing BSB? Tried to contact customer service who did not provide any useful help, they had no idea 😞

Zoltan

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Australian BSB account not recognized by ebay

@zglozik wrote:

Can you someone advise on how I can get ebay to add a missing BSB?

If it's been a year already then your best bet may be to open an account with a BSB that they do recognise.

In the meantime you would be best off ending your current listings or you have extreme difficulty getting your money.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

Check out this website to make sure it is a recognised BSB,

https://www.bsbnumbers.com/

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

And is it an account that will take deposits and withdrawals from all sources,   There are some accounts with restrictions, in which case Ebay wont allow it,  yes telcos may be able to do direct debits, but it also needs to allow deposits, account type could be the issue

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

It is 342-250, recognised BSB by the site above, and it is a current account at a high street bank, no issues with any other providers.

Zoltan 

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

It is not an Australian high street bank. We don't have high streets.

Yes, it is a legitimate Australian BSB. Maybe try an Australian bank, rather than a branch of a foreign bank.

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

Regardless of it having Australian branches, it's a US bank, so ebay Australia probably aren't going to recognise the BSB. As mentioned, go to an Australian bank and open an account there. One of the big 4 would work. Keep the account strictly for ebay and when you get paid, you can transfer the money to your US bank account.

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

Barangaroo Branch

Shop C1 03 Daramu House, 1 Sussex Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000

BSB number: 342-081

BSB Number: 342-250 ()
Institution: HSBC Bank Australia (HBA)
Branch Name: HSBC Centres 342-250
Address:100 Barangaroo Ave, Barangaroo, NSW, 2000

The first one is a branch, the second one is its corporate office......
What type of a/c do you have?

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

It is a current account at the branch above, ready for receiving/sending payment. When I opened the account a year ago and I have raised it to the bank that it was not recognized by another provider either, they said it was a new BSB. Roughly 10 months ago all my other service providers recognized it, ebay is the only one that still does not - I don't know where ebay sources its BSB numbers for validation, but I suspect that source is not up to date.

Zoltan

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

yes, but is it a savings a/c, cheque a/c, internet banking only a/c....

what type?

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply