Help

Hi all

In the past few weeks I have been getting warnings in both my email and notice via eBay which reads 'We noticed a new sign-in on your account. Change your passwords etc'.  The approx. locations were anywhere in Sydney, The Rocks and Narara. All within NSW. Has anyone been getting the same warnings? I have changed my password 3-4 times now but every time I log back into eBay the same 'warning' reappears. My understanding  is if someone has hacked into my eBay account they could get into my a/c at anytime, but it is always when I have logged in. There has been no extra transaction into my a/c. Should I just ignore it or should should I press the panic button?  Any advice would be appreciated.  Many thanks.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Help

Thank you all for your response to my enquiry. Please consider the matter answered and close. Thanks again

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Help

Apparently if your browser clears cache/cookies after each session that will happen, also if you use a VPN it can happen.

I use WIN 10 with Firefox/Chrome with mobile broadband and don't clear cache/cookies every time I shut down the computer, so I don't get the constant sign-in notifications.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Help

I had 22 of those notifications over a week or so at one stage. Each notification was me.

I would contact eBay via live chat and see if they can help you out.

it was just annoying that I had a notification each time I logged in.

I contacted live chat and it has been quiet since.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Help

just ignore them...it's been happening for nearly a year....I could be anywhere in SA...lol

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Help

Thank you all for your response to my enquiry. Please consider the matter answered and close. Thanks again

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply