Hopless.

I have been trying to speak to a human being to solve a major problem, but all I get is a virtual assistant that can only answer 5 F.A.Q.,s.

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Hopless.

11:44 pm isnโ€™t within business hours.

But whatโ€™s the major problem? Perhaps the responders here can help.

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

Hopless.

I love the heading

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

Hopless.

Yes, it's not Easter yet

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

Hopless.

I was going to suggest new batteries. 

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

Hopless.

You should be able to use the chat assistant to request a chat with an agent or a call back.

What options you see may depend on your particular issue and how busy that department is at the moment.

Try entering "agent" into the chat window. You may have to provide some context to reach the correct department. If you see a "Still need help?" or "More options" choice, either of those should lead to a call back option.

If nothing else works, try this link:

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

Hopless.

The OP posted their message at nearly midnight, which is way out of hours for help. As you're not in Australia, you wouldn't have seen that. It was probably the middle of the day for you, so wondering why help wasn't possible. We've not had phone help since Covid started, because the Filipinos all got stood down from the call centres to protect them. Might be different in the US.

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

Hopless.

In Australia the call back option should be working 9am to 6pm AET Monday to Friday, provided things are not too busy, at least according to that link.

If the OP missed the chance to use that option on Friday, it should be available on Monday.

Others may find the link useful as well, rather than arguing with the chat bot to try to get a call back link.

Call back hours are indeed different in the US: Monday to Sunday 5:00 am to 09:30 pm PT.

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

Hopless.

Friday was a National Public Holiday.

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

Hopless.

What do you call a kangaroo with no legs?

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply