How do I complain about short supplied goods not fit purpose or description and unmerchantable.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Give me access to a complaint for goods not fitting description, not fit for purpose, and short supplied. I only used this complaint mechanism because I could not see another that fitted.
Also, you obviously did not read all the emails or you would have understood the problem I have. That indicates that you are more interested in ticking computer boxes than solving customer problems.
I now have a useless pond pump that will not work because vital parts were missing in the delivery.
You ask what can you do? Go and read all the emails I had with the seller, and tell me how to make your system work.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: How do I complain about short supplied goods not fit purpose or description and unmerchantable.

This is my firts time that I had anything to do the likes of this and to be honest I wouldn't even know where to begin with the opening of a new thread.

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

Re: How do I complain about short supplied goods not fit purpose or description and unmerchantable.

@buddy1134 wrote:

This is my firts time that I had anything to do the likes of this and to be honest I wouldn't even know where to begin with the opening of a new thread.

Up the top of each forum there is a big blue button "start a conversation". You can't miss it. 

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

buddy, here’s the direct link to open a new thread in the Buying board (the most appropriate for your problem): https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/2500000009

As sons_n_daughters says, you will see the link at the top of every board. It will look like this.

IMG_6873.jpeg

Don’t let a seller string you along. When you’re buying from an overseas seller, you have no Australian consumer protection. What you do have is eBay’s Money Back Guarantee. But the MBG has very strict processes and timeframes. For your own protection, adhere to those processes and definitely don’t let things go beyond the timeframes stated in the MBG policy page.

You can give sellers the benefit of the doubt… within the timeframe during which you have MBG protection.

Have you read any of the eBay policy help pages? I was trying to empower you by suggesting you search eBay Help… but if you’re already distressed, and feel overwhelmed, I can understand you might not be in the right frame of mind to do the retrospective research. Here’s the link for eBay’s MBG help page: https://www.ebay.com.au/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-pol...

An INR (Item Not received) claim is only for when a buyer has received nothing from the seller. 

An INAD or SNAD case (Item Not As Described / Significantly Not As Described - they mean the same thing) is for when the buyer had received something, but it’s the wrong thing, or it’s faulty, or it’s damaged, or it has missing parts or items, or it’s fake, or it’s in some way different from what was promised in the listing.

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

@buddy1134 wrote:

Surely there has some trust left in this World or are we all crooks.? But surely Ebay should make sure that these people are not allowed to be selling on Ebay unless they are honest.

We are all trustworthy,  accept the ones who aren't.

You say Ebay should do something,  well they do,  but you ignore it.   Have you checked the feedback for the last seller who left you feedback.   It's in the toilet,   so Ebay give you the tools,  you chose to ignore it.  Stop supporting sellers you cant trust,  and the problem will go away.  You have the solution in your own hands.

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply