Huge background data usage on andriod

What has happened to the android app (problem started about 1st june)? My phone started to use battery and then i started getting notifications from my provider regarding running out of data. When I looked at the mobile data usage the ebay app used over 1GB in background data usage. This is both a worry regarding using costly mobile data but also what is it transmitting??? I have disabled ebay background data usage but there is a bigger issue here (e..g. what is it doing in the background when I am Wifi connected?) !!!

Please advise

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Huge background data usage on andriod

to clarify - over 1Gb of background data was used over 6 days

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Good question.   Our only internet is via the iphone.   Since starting to list 4 weeks ago our data usage has gone throught the roof.  Not using any apps just standard browser.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

That's a lot of data.

I'd suggest avoidance of the app. You can still access eBay on your mobile phone by going to the full site address - using Firefox or Chrome as the browser.

The app is notoriously glitch-ridden. It may be that a technical glitch is resulting in this data usage, or it may be something else - but putting the app on the shelf for now may be your best option.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Cheeky Monkeys! It has caused chaos in this house plus a new drive for the PC!
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply