Is afterpay no longer an option

Hey there

Just wondering if anyone is having problems with checking out with afterpay? Having a read of past posts, this isn't the first time the payment option had dropped off but wanted to know if everyone was having the same issue

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

I have never used it, but I looked at some random listings and they say "Afterpay may be available", so it is possible that some sellers just choose not to use it.

Message 2 of 22
Latest reply

Afterpay is still an option. It's just not available on all items.

(Sellers don't decide to have it on listings or not, eBay and Afterpay do)

image host
Message 3 of 22
Latest reply

Hi

Looks like its gone again, not present on any listing anymore .

Message 4 of 22
Latest reply

I don't think it's really gone. I have seen just today or yesterday, but I don't want to sign up for AfterPay.

Maybe it's just that less sellers are offering this option.

Message 5 of 22
Latest reply

i think afterpay is automatic with sellers verified to be in Australia

afterpay is not a feature that sellers set up

seller only get paid via ebay managed funds

Message 6 of 22
Latest reply

My topic on the Afterpay issue https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Technical-Issues/Double-payment-via-two-different-pay-methods/m-p/2...

The Afterpay method failed to complete the eBay transaction, but a payment schedule was made in my Afterpay account.  eBay lost the transaction on its end and it was still registered in Afterpay.

After contacting eBay on 13th July 2022 and I waited for 3-to-5 business days, I escalated this issue into non-performance of service rendered on Afterpay's "Goods Not Received" dispute button.

The seller is not at fault.

The fault is with eBay or Afterpay service.

If this issue is not resolved, I will not use the Afterpay service in the future. 

Message 7 of 22
Latest reply

Did you get a suitable reply from anyone? 

I signed up for Afterpay after making one successful purchase of a book on EBay, with no issues. Now when I try to make purchases on EBay it won't go through. This keeps happening. Already made a complaint about this and got an answer that amounted to "Yes this can happen."
If it happens again and I end up paying from my savings then Afterpay is useless to me and I may as well cancel my account.
It would be great to get a straight answer from them as to why it's happening. 

Message 8 of 22
Latest reply

li_9751
Community Member

I used after pay yesterday and When I went back on today I had no after lpay option to pay at check out.

Message 9 of 22
Latest reply

I Have a look up hundreds of items and I find no after pay any more for me option

Message 10 of 22
Latest reply