Double payment via two different pay methods

On the 1st attempt, Ebay's Afterpay failed to complete the transaction with an error message while it was still registered in my Afterpay account.

On the 2nd attempt, I used PayPal to complete the transaction.

The link https://www.ebay.com.au/help/home that shows my recent orders has the following options for a particular item

Tracking your item
How buyers can cancel an order
Get help with an item that hasn't arrived
Return an item for a refund
Contacting a seller

I don't see in the option selection for double payment issues. 

Any solution?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Maybe you can contact eBay via live chat? 

Go to the help page, scroll down to "contact us" and go through all the options until a live chat window appears (during normal business hours).

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Thanks for your reply.

1. The order has been canceled by the seller with the agreement from me. 

2. The seller's eBay transaction record only registered a single payment from me and PayPal is returning the money. 

From eBay's live chat, eBay support has asked me to follow up on the AfterPay transaction issue on AfterPay's side.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Update from Afterpay's support

----

Thanks for keeping in touch Ronnel.

As per advised, your order went through on our end and we are not able to cancel it. Only the Merchant can do the cancellation and refund.

The merchant has the direct control on processing the refunds on the purchased you made on your Afterpay account.

Please advise eBay this, as they know what to do in this situation. 

I hope everything works out. If there's anything else I can assist you with, just let me know.

------

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

I have contacted eBay on the 13th of July 2022. After 5 business days, the Afterpay entry is still in my Afterpay account.

I have escalated this issue into a non-performance dispute on Afterpay's side.

My jurisdiction is in Australia which is covered under Australian consumer laws. Stealing money from customers is illegal under Australian consumer laws.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Update, after ping-pong between eBay and Afterpyay support, the failed Afterpyay transaction was resolved. 

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply