Missing photos

I have just relisted some items from my inventory, the ones that still had pictures on them, and when I looked at them online, nearly all those listings have no pictures! I have tried the 'find photos' link, but it's no help. I am guessing my photos are gone, and I am going to have to take a thousand pictures again?? Any ideas? thanks in advance. And how to avoid this in the future please!

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Missing photos

All your new listings I am looking at on this ID have pics.

Could it be it just took a while to appear ?

It can take hours before a listing appears at all in searches.

image host
Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

No. the first 30 or so listings are automatic relists, they are futher down, my winter stock...

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

No photos:

TS size S (18-20) tunic black grey irregular hem NWOT scribble print (3w)

CROSSROADS boho gypsy top creamy ivory NWT $50 size 14 cotton viscose (4w)

AUTOGRAPH size 20 polyester elastane beaded neckline 3/4 sl navy top NWOT (4w)

BLUE ILLUSION size S cotton modal tunic NWOT brown beige black 3/4 sl (3w)

MUUI size 6 off white / cream boho top cotton NWT 3/4 sl cold shoulder (4w)

MODA black waterfall cardigan with fixed front panel AS NEW size 20 (3w)

...and that's just the first 3 pages.....what do they have in common?

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

ring eBay.....it happened to me a couple of years ago....while they were 'fiddling' in the background.

They managed to put them all back (after telling me to re-take photos) when I told them they lost them....they can find them 🙂
Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

they are my winter stock from my inventory, haven't been listed for some months.. wonder if pics automatically get dropped after a few months of non use?

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

They do from drafts at about day 30.

I've listed stuff from inventory that I imported from TL last June, and they had pictures. I have noticed that items I've put in inventory recently seem to randomly drop pics.

I never delete a picture until the item has been sold. The same with descriptions. I can recreate a listing from scratch in a minute or so. I have never trusted eBay to manage the core of my business.

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

I never delete pictures either, but unfortunately, I have so many pictures, on different computers, that to find each one for the hundreds of items missing pictures that may be in my inventory, will be a nightmare, probably easier to rephotograph everything!

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

There you go. I only have one computer. I do manage to keep track of 6,000 pics, although I sell books, so they are easy to index.

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

@lizzy6107 wrote:

No. the first 30 or so listings are automatic relists, they are futher down, my winter stock...

Silly me for not scrolling down far enough.

Appears pics are back, bar one.

image host
Message 10 of 16
Latest reply