New tab opens when selecting listing from saved search

I have a number of saved searches in the Guitars & Basses category.  When I select a listing from the search, the listing appears in a new tab.  Not really a big deal but a bit annoying if you hit the Return to Search Items button instead of closing the new tab.  You can end up with new tabs open all over the place.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

eBay recently added an option to the search customization menu -- reachable at the top of the search results page where you can choose between List or Gallery view -- to allow you to specify whether search results open in a new tab or the same tab:

eburtonlab_0-1641141597998.png

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

probably a 'work in progress'....for our ultimate enjoyment...but have you done a 'live chat' with the Help line? Top of page

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Does this also happen outside eBay in your browser? Sometimes I have this problem too, on all sites, not only eBay, but clearing cache and cookies and restarting the browser usually solves the problem. Sometimes I have to reboot the computer too.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

I've noticed it happening for a month or so now, it still happens after I've cleared cache and cookies so it's probably a "new' eBay feature.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Yeah, been happening for quite a while.

It's ebay 'enhancing your experience'

I don't mind it.

At least when you close the tab, you're back where you were and not a few listings up or down and trying to find where you're up to.

Just have to remember to close the tab, is all.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

eBay recently added an option to the search customization menu -- reachable at the top of the search results page where you can choose between List or Gallery view -- to allow you to specify whether search results open in a new tab or the same tab:

eburtonlab_0-1641141597998.png

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Thank you!

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

You are very welcome!

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

im having the same problem in all 4 types of browser Brave,Chrome,Opra,Mozilla,,,no matter what i do it won't set to open in same tab 27-2-2023

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Read the answers given on this thread, then.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply