Overcharged fees - referral to 'technical team'... are they palming me off?

I've been a seller on e-bay for about 9 months. I recently queried the % i was being charged as it appeared I was paying casual rates despite subscribing to a storefront for the past 6 months. This was confirmed through customer service (overpaying by 3% per transaction) and I was advised my query was escalated to the 'technical team'. 2 weeks passed, no response, I queried the issue again, was assured someone would get back to me, waited another week. nothing. I queried again through the main CS channel and asked for an email address (to my respective country) to send my request formally in writing which I did. I received an email 15 minutes later assuring me that the query would be looked at and i would receive a response in 48 - 72 hours. I waited nothing. 2 weeks later I forwarded the message again to the CS email address asking for someone to get back to me. Its been another 4 weeks and nothing. I feel like giving up on selling this platform. How can I be in partnership with a platform who doesn't care about my business and this oversight. I'm curious if anyone else has had this issue?  I can't be the only one.... surely....

Is the referral to the 'tehnical team' a way of palming me off? 

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

are you on Facebook? I have heard that if you contact eBay via social media, they will fix in a heartbeat...good luck!

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

To answer the last bit of your question

Yes, the 'refer to tech team' is from the script they are given, everyone who contacts them about any tech issue is told the same thing

Often along with a 24-48 hours to fix it

Very rarely happens 

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

@weekendsbyr wrote:

Is the referral to the 'tehnical team' a way of palming me off? 

No referral to the technical team is not a way of palming you off, the CS team are unable to resolve these kind of issues, so it does need to go to 2nd or 3rd level support.

But yes the timeframe of 48 to 72 hours is just a load of whatever,  any issue of this nature possibly impacting the database, could take sometime to resolve.

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

Thanks for taking the time to provide some insights, greatly appreciated. 

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

Thanks Sandy, I can see you are active on this forum and have a great deal of knowledge to share so appreciate your response. It is as I feared but at least I can get some closure. 

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

Thanks for your comments, it had crossed my mind... ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

What level store do you have,  I believe your items would be classified as Teir 4,  so for a basic store your fee would  only reduce from NON STORE  13.4%  to  BASIC STORE  13.09%    Plus of course the fixed sale fee of 30c per item, which makes a big difference to total fee percentage when applied to low value items.

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

Thanks so for your comments, I understand exactly what you mean and it's been established there is an overcharge however the point is no-one will respond to me to further acknowledge, discuss or remedy. That's my frustration. How long is resonable to wait? The platform places specific guidance on our timely responses to buyer and service KPI's however in my situation I am either inadvertantly or advertantly overlooked. 

Im just trying to understand from the forum if it's the latter and common business practice for eBay. 

I really apprciate you taking the time to respond. 

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

It can occur. However, I would never wait a week for a resolution, much less many.

I recently wasted an hour trying to get an overcharge credited. I was typing to a real person, who came up with spurious reasons why it was valid, and refused to entertain the possibility that eBay was wrong.

It was a once of, small amount. I am deciding whether or not to go further.

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply