Paid for Ebay Plus but no benefits of plus provided.

Hi everyone,

I paid for another ebay plus subscription back in Sept., last year.  I contacted them in October and Nov because I was not getting any monthly coupons in my summary at that time.  None of the Ebay Plus promotion codes were showing up either.  (It was as if I was not a plus member but I confirmed I was). 

So in November, they gave me a coupon for 3 months worth of the $5 plus monthly coupons.  I used it in Dec on an item which was then returned and only the cash part was refunded.   I then contacted support multiple times in Dec. because I noted the issue still wasn't fixed.  They finally escalated it near the end of December and claimed it was being worked on.  It is now 2 weeks later with no resolution.  I have asked for a refund but they are refusing to give that.  At this point I have paid ebay the entire year subscription but have been provided with nothing in return.  They have confirmed there is an issue on their end but it is not being dealt with.  I've been asking for this to be solved multiple times over the past 3 months and have wasted hours of my time at this point.  Has anyone found the ACCC to be helpful with such situations?

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Paid for Ebay Plus but no benefits of plus provided.

cezm
Community Member
  1. Returns. If you return or seek a refund on any item purchased using this discount, the value of the discount will not be refunded to you.

$5 Coupon for Plus Members Terms & Conditions | eBay.com.au

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Re: Paid for Ebay Plus but no benefits of plus provided.

Perhaps the original issue wasn't phrased right.  No coupons ever showed up without me prompting someone at Ebay.  My account seems broken and they have admitted it is a technical issue.  The coupon they gave me was never refunded but I only mentioned that because it was relevant in that I haven't received any benefit of it.   I have had this for 6 months and been complaining that I am receiving any benefits of the membership.  (No promotion codes, no monthly coupons, nothing Plus related has appeared in my account summary for months).  It has been verified it is a technical issue on their end but they will not give any ETA.  > 3months ongoing now.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply