Paypal payment wont go through?

Anyone else experiencing a paypal message that states it can't complete payment and wants you to add another CC? CC is in date no reason for it.  Totally stumped. Wondering if its an error?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Ok so my paypal has worked at another online store.  This is an ebay issue and I'm wondering if my account is now safe?  It is very odd.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Nothing really odd about it....there have been many glitches in ebay recently but not so much paypal.   This is a paypal issue, not ebay....ebay has nothing to do with what cards/bank accounts you have in paypal.

If you are positive your card is current then the best course of action is to ring paypal and ask what has happened.

They have always been very helpful when I have had to ring about an issue.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Thanks Lyndal but it appears the issue is ebays I've just used my paypal on another site no hassle at all.  So it is only occurring with ebay purchases no where else. 

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

I,ve got a buyer from the U.S.A who has purchased an item, but cant pay with paypal. The item has gone from my active items list, and shows as sold when I use the link in the messages, but it is not showing in my sold items list. Basically its disapeared from normal systems. I have sent him an invoice, but he still cant pay. All very strange. I am about to contact CS to try to sort it out.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

I contacted CS. They advised that the mobile app is not reliable and if it does not work, buyers should try paying on their home computer.

Since the change to automatic payment required, sold items that have not been paid for, no longer show in sellers " sold items" folder. They now only show in awaiting payment. When I discovered this little gem, I found several international sales that I didnt know I had sold, just sitting there waiting for me to send out an invoice.

Its great to see that ebay has communicated all of these changes, so that sellers can be educated and prepared for what is a fairly major change..........LOL

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Thanks Chameleon 🙂 I did mine on the home computer.  Doesnt even show up as a purchased item in my ebay! Now I'm getting the you recently viewed emails.  Very strange, I wonder how many sellers are missing out on sales as a result. Since I needed the item I had to go elsewhere to purchase it.

I can see nothings changed over the years with ebay and their communication lol!

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply