Price changes when I click it.

x321654
Community Member

I was going to  buy a mini spot welder and the price was about $46 in the list (the lowest for Aus) so I clicked it to open the description and the price was just over $56. 

They were listing no other items  (another trick ebay needs to stop)  and I almost fell for it.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Price changes when I click it.

x321654
Community Member

It's okay, I have figured it out.   The list price shows the *possible* discount already applied if you pay with Afterpay - the full description shows the real price.

Still think it's a tad dodgy on ebay's (or someone's) part.  This is the kind of thinks that sow the seeds of mistrust.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Do you consider $46 for a welder to be market price?

Did you report the seller?

Do you think in a mature market you are going to get items for well under value?

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

Do you consider $46 for a welder to be market price?

Did you report the seller?

Do you think in a mature market you are going to get items for well under value?

A:  It's a mini spot welder.  $46 is market price. -  I've seen them cheaper they were just sold out.
B: Didn't report the seller  because I wasn't even sure it was the sellers fault - which is why I'm here asking.

C:  See answer A.    Did you think $56 would make me complain if it was a full sized spot welder?

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

What is the item number?

Is the actual seller registered in Australia? 

What is the seller's feedback like?

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

x321654
Community Member

It's okay, I have figured it out.   The list price shows the *possible* discount already applied if you pay with Afterpay - the full description shows the real price.

Still think it's a tad dodgy on ebay's (or someone's) part.  This is the kind of thinks that sow the seeds of mistrust.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply