Started receiving product review requests, how to stop?

Out of the blue I recently started receiving the "Do you like your ... ?" emails from eBay asking me to write a product review.

I already had this setting OFF.

Communication Preferences > Buyer > Product review communications

I tried turning it on, then off again. But the emails keep coming.

There is no way to unsubscribe from these in the email itself, it mentions to do it via Communication Preferences.

Does anybody know how to stop these, short of setting up an email filter at my end?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Started receiving product review requests, how to stop?

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I've got a Delete button on my Inbox that works a treat when I get annoying emails that I don't want and cannot stop.Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

@spicy-pickles wrote:

Does anybody know how to stop these, short of setting up an email filter at my end?

It only takes 1 click on my email server and all subsequent emails go straight to the junk folder.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Thanks for your advice, but I'm really looking for how to disable these emails within the Ebay preferences.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

But you have just said that you could not stop them in the ebay Communications Preferences.

Padi and I just offered alternate methods to stop them.

I just delete them.....I've never done a product review in my life and don't intend to start now.  They are no more mandatory than feedback is.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Me neither but I'm only assuming I have the correct setting. I've had all the Ebay correspondence switched off for years and normally only receive the essential transaction emails. So that's why I'm curious as to how this has suddenly started. If it is indeed a bug then perhaps this post will bring it to someone's attention at Ebay.
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Nobody from eBay reads people's posts here (the blurb tech staff check here is untrue)

Have you double checked your settings on all the devices you use (or other accounts if you have them) in case eBay have 'changed' them for you there? (myself  and other people's settings have been changed in the past, without us doing so or knowing about the changes)

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply