Why does it take over a month to get my item from Sydney to Perth?

Why does it take over a month to get my item from Sydney to Perth? it came from China on the 26th March.

I am sure if we had a Pony Express it would be quicker, they could change rider and horse at the borders of each state because of the virus.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Why does it take over a month to get my item from Sydney to Perth?

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Are you saying it arrived in Sydney on the 26/3 but you have not yet received it in Perth.   A week is not long for a parcel to go from Sydney to Perth.

If it took a long time to arrive from China it could be because there was no mail leaving China for weeks because of the lockdown.....you do know about the coronavirus lockdown, don't you?

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Estimated arrival for my package is 11th of May, that is over a month.

Yes, of course I know about the virus I did mention it in my post. Thanks all the same. 

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

I'll just remember not to order from o/seas for now and just order locally within my state I live in. Thanks for your reply.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Obviously you have not heard that very few planes are flying around the world and some countris are on total lockdown which means nothing in or out of their boarders.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

I am not in a cocoon you know. That was not my gripe. Finished conversation thanks.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

@8113jack wrote:

I am not in a cocoon you know. That was not my gripe. Finished conversation thanks.

Your gripe seems to be with the fact that the item has landed in-country and hasn't been teleported to you.

It might have something to do with Customs. OR AP. Definitely not anything to do with the seller. They sent the item. And you have no way of knowing when the item will be delivered; you are simply whinging about a made up date.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply