Why does my Australian Ebay account keep switching to the US Ebay

Getting a little frustrated with my account it's been doing this for a while but when I log into my account it automatically switches to Ebay US so I can't view listings in AU $ and hardly any Australian listings come up in search. What it does upon signing in to Ebay.AU it then immediately switches to US dashboard, it even changes in the address bar? What's going on and how can I stop/change this?

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Why does my Australian Ebay account keep switching to the US Ebay

I have only ever had that happen once, about a year ago and it was because my laptop had done an automatic update and 'decided' I/it were suddenly in America 

Other than that, I don't know but maybe another member here has had it happen and can shed some light 

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

I can't help with stopping it, but it is a simple matter to change back to Australia. All you have to do is add '.au' after 'ebay.com' in the address bar.

And you must be currently logged into eBay Australia, as you've posted on the Australian boards.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Often when you start to type and address in the browser it will autofill an address and when you press enter, it goes unnoticed that something else has been put in.

So clear cookies and temp internet files then restart computer.

Also clear browser history.

image host
Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

The same thing is happening to me at the moment!!! So bloody annoying!! HELP PLEASE!! 

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Try deleting your ebay.com cookies in your browser -- that way if you are sent to the US site, you will be forced to sign in again, and you might notice.

Make sure you are not following any US links or using any US bookmarks.

Previously there have been problems with users on other sites being directed to the US site after receiving an error message, or when searching by category with no keywords, so keep an eye on your browser's address bar to see if you can figure out at what point you are being directed to the US site.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

The side of your page suggests you first opened you eBay account on the eBay.com site

Feedback rating: 22
Positive Feedback: 100%
Member since 17-Dec-18 in United States
Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

ghryst
Community Member

its because ebay is useless.
i am literally using a bookmark with the ".au" extension, and it still loads me into the yank site.

its probably got something to do with them STILL allowing criminals to use the site, by giving us no valid reporting criteria for those who are literally breaking laws and conducting fraud.. but sure, you can report them for tryin to avoid ebay fees no problems if that is the case (and a few very specific types of minor fraud - like selling items they do not own - but not an actual crime). maybe the crims find it easier if we are logged into the US site, that would explain why ebay has done nothing about it in the numerous years that this has been a problem. 

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

i am literally using a bookmark with the ".au" extension, and it still loads me into the yank site.

If you are using an old bookmark, it may not be redirecting properly.

Try starting on ebay.com.au, navigating to a page there, then creating a new bookmark and using that instead of your old one.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

BUMP- cant sell similar off any international listing, redirects to .com , adding .au use to work but dose not even work anymore since the latest update

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply