Why is my "Watching" page too long, must scroll sideways

Hi, my watching page is nearly three times the length of what shows on my screen necessitating using the blue horizontal cursor bar to reach "Buy it now", "Make best offer" etc. The page numbers are also way down there at the end, well off screen. Anyone else have this problem?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Why is my "Watching" page too long, must scroll sideways

Old versions of Firefox (or new versions of Waterfox) had issues with the category list row at the top of the page not wrapping correctly. You may be able to update to a newer browser version to bypass the issue. If not, you may be able to use an ad blocker element hiding tool to block the category list row entirely.

Or use your Summary page to view your Watch List items.

More details on this US thread:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-eBay-Technical-Issues/My-eBay-watch-list-not-showing-when-using-...

The AU version of the element hiding rule should look like this:

ebay.com.au##.carousel__list

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

You on a mobile ?

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Sorry, I was supposed to receive alert emails, that doesn't seem to be working.

No, I'm on a 24" Mac Desktop with old 10:6:8 Snow Leopard OSX

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Old versions of Firefox (or new versions of Waterfox) had issues with the category list row at the top of the page not wrapping correctly. You may be able to update to a newer browser version to bypass the issue. If not, you may be able to use an ad blocker element hiding tool to block the category list row entirely.

Or use your Summary page to view your Watch List items.

More details on this US thread:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-eBay-Technical-Issues/My-eBay-watch-list-not-showing-when-using-...

The AU version of the element hiding rule should look like this:

ebay.com.au##.carousel__list
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

"Old versions of Firefox (or new versions of Waterfox) had issues with the category list row at the top of the page not wrapping correctly."

Yes, I was thinking that category list might be causing the problem. In the first instance I actually tried to delete/hide them, that proved impossible.

I'll use the "Summary" page from now on, it looks quite normal - thanks very much for your reply

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

You are most welcome -- good luck.

The Summary is a good page to use as long as you do not need access to your other custom lists.

You should still be able to block that row of categories with most ad blockers, I think; sometimes one ad blocker has problems with a particular element, though.

It is possible to add more than one ad blocker to your browser if necessary. At the moment I have three, though only one has an active subscription list for blocking ads, and the other two are for testing various ad blocking rules or for implementing custom rules that do not work as well elsewhere.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply