automated fees payment seetup activated without me setting it

Hello all.   Has anoyone had ebay fee payment automated without consent after it was deacivated

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I didn't think you could remove the automated payment for fees. When you sign up you agree to pay any selling fees and you have to provide a way to pay them. The only way to stop automatic deductions that I know of is to pay them before the due date. I have mine set up to come off my credit card but I usually pay them with a one-time payment from paypal a few days before the payment is due to come off my card.
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

You had the option to automate payments  . As of some time since my last invoice it was activated and it was not me who activated it. 

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Perhaps they changed it so that they don't have to chase up sellers who don't pay on time.

I've never had any choice but had to provide a credit card number or sign up to paypal for automated payments every month.
Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Unless I am missing someting once an automatic payment method is set up payments are automatically deducted when due without any further input from you.

That is why it is called an automatic payment method.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

When I set up all of my seller accounts I had to also set up an automated payment method for each.

Unless things have changed in that regard in the last 10ish years, then you would definitely have had to set up an automated payment method in order to set up a seller account.

Two of mine are Paypal, which works like clockwork. My store required a credit card (which has expired) but one-off payments every month using Paypal negate the use of the card.

However, as said, you cannot set an account for selling without nominating an automatic payment method. So you did authorise one, or you wouldn't be able to sell.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Can you imagine how many people wouldn't pay their fees if ebay didn't enforce automatic payments? They'd be spending a fortune chasing payments!
Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Afteryour uninformed post on my other post I had to check what your up to

This just reinforces why you dont go to forums for advice. This and the other were not questions to be answered just some facts or asking IF . Just contact ebay if you have a problem . They are not always correct either but its your best shot and just creating heaches for yourself and saving ebay money on staff so call it job creation calling them

A forum is a cheap way for ebay to not pay people to answer questions and mostly with answers unrelated to the question or a guess onthe part of the poster

You may have posted 1000s of replys but its likethe old story about one of Ceasars Generals asking why he has not been promoted .he points out hes been inthis battle ant that war and so on . Ceasar replies so has that donkey and hes stilla donkey. The sad thing is there are people who dont get it even if you expalin the meaning of it to themin detail

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

@zilbacat.

I had to check what your[sic] up to

No you didn't. You chose to. Just imagine how many listings you could have edited in the time you have spent trying to denigrate me.

And what I posted was MY experience. That can hardly be construed as unrelated to the OP. And their lack of understanding is not my fault.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply