eBay Site Bug - Auto refunds to buyers on sold transactions

Hello all,

Today we notified that so may of our transactions were being automatically refunded to our buyers due to a site bug, anyone else experiencing this today?

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: eBay Site Bug - Auto refunds to buyers on sold transactions

I have huge amount sitting in limbo “awaiting payment”. Also have heaps of messages from buyers that I cannot help with any info. eBay yold me yesterday that it will be all good and will clear but it hasn’t. 

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

yep happening to me too. 

tried it with a credit card and paypal, and different sellers. 

now i have $4000 pending on my credit card. 😞 and the items all failed to purchase. 

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

Oh goodness, I am so sorry to hear that this has happened to you. I really hope they will fix the issue for all soon. May i ask, could I please know these sellers so I can also add this to ebay technical support so they can speed up the process and make them aware of more sellers it has affected? 

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

Thank you for your input as it is much appreciated. Yes so so many for me also as I have had approximately 30 transactions that this has effected so far and the list goes on. I am really sorry to hear this has happened to you also. Did the agents tell you what had caused this? At first when I spoke with them they were unaware but then they confirmed the site bug as more members were experiencing the same issue. 

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

It looks like Managed Payments just not coping with the amounts of transactions on site with EOFY sale. Customer service told me that it will clear by yesterday's afternoon (obviously didn't happen) and something about being public holiday (which is cr*p). It's going to be a long day of answering messages from buyers. 😕 What a mess. Some kinda announcement from eBay would be good at this point.

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

ricsvtr
Community Member

Happened to me as well, now have $2000 in limbo due to the refunds 😡  Ebay says its an issue with their platform after initially trying to blame the seller.

There is a discussion about this here - https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/630486

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

Thank you so very much for your input. We are not yet on managed payments so it appears that it is virtually most with EOFY sales indeed. Agreed, messages to buyers from ebay would help a great deal for sure. 

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Sorry to hear that you’re going through the same thing. We are also in the 20% promotion with ebay and have about 30 transactions so far that have high ticket prices all being refunded sadly. The forum link is so greatly appreciated thank you for you input. Really hoping this gets fixed ASAP. For all of our sakes, sellers, customers, members. 

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

3-5 working days to fix it I was told.🙀   

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply