eBay's estimate date of delivery

I recently bought 2 sets of stamps. One set is from India.. Paid 30/01/23.  eBay's estimated delivery dates  10/02 - 15/03.. Item received today 01/03.. No problem.

2nd item .. from UK... Paid 06/02.. Posted 06/02... e/Bay's estimated date of delivery .. 15/02 - 23/02.  Item not yet received.. eBay allowed 17 days for item to arrive here from the UK. That may be possible pre Covid days. Since today is 01/03 I am able to claim refund as item not received. Is eBay serious about their estimated dates? Allowing more days for India and less for the UK? I have also noticed recently that in between the lines of my name and address is my ABN. One seller said that is how it was when they printed the label from my personal details page. Does anyone know if this is true? Ta. 

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ebay's 'estimated delivery dates they insert are just that. A very best case guess

As has been posted widely on the forum, and in the media (even over here) Royall Mail was hacked, eBay do not factor that in when making their guess

So this delay, while not due to Covid, i still a legit delay

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Royal Mail got hacked a few weeks ago. They are apparently now processing international postage, but have a backlog.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

ebay's 'estimated delivery dates they insert are just that. A very best case guess

As has been posted widely on the forum, and in the media (even over here) Royall Mail was hacked, eBay do not factor that in when making their guess

So this delay, while not due to Covid, i still a legit delay

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

davewill1964... eBay allowing less days (17) for item to arrive from UK because of their recent Cyber attack. You got to be joking! Should it not be more days instead?  I was more interested in receiving some comments on the ABN matter.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

No, ebay is not allowing 17 days because of the Hack.   Ebays  estimate is 17 days from UK, the fact that  RM was hacked and now has a backlog of International mail, means the 17 day estimate is unlikely to be met, due to the hack.

While you may be able to make an INR claim at this time, as long as the seller replies to the claim with tracking details, the claim period will most likely be extended.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply