ebay please fix you app for Samsung J3

Just to confirm I have not noticed any issue with receiving messages and these have came through with the relevant sound and screen notification, it's purely the sales notifications that I am not receiving,  or at least the sound is a very short ker-ching, short enough for me to miss it and nothing in the way of visual notifications on screen for sales.

Can confirm getting the same as above , is anyone else ?? 

US thread on same topic 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Mobile-App-Android/Troubleshooting-Notifications-No-notifications-No-c...

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: ebay please fix you app for Samsung J3

Important to note ebay do NOT read this forum

There is a blurb that say eBay tech staff regularly check here for issues on here

That is an outright lie, it does not happen

I do not have a smart phone and would not use the app if I did so I can't comment myself

Over the past several weeks, there have been a huge about of glitches with several different things (and the is with computers/phones/the app/the full site/the works 

eBay have been contacted several times with the scripted response that they will get 'tech to look into'

As far as I have seen, not one of the issues has been fixed

I am sure other members will come in and comment if this issue is happening to them, but as your subject heading is asking eBay to fix it, you will need to contact them if it is a request to them 

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

@forwells-trading wrote:

Just to confirm I have not noticed any issue with receiving messages and these have came through with the relevant sound and screen notification, it's purely the sales notifications that I am not receiving,  or at least the sound is a very short ker-ching, short enough for me to miss it and nothing in the way of visual notifications on screen for sales.

Can confirm getting the same as above , is anyone else ?? 

US thread on same topic 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Mobile-App-Android/Troubleshooting-Notifications-No-notifications-No-c...

My hearing is definitely not as good as it used to be, but I never, ever miss the "ka-ching".Smiley LOL

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

In the app's settings there are lots of options for notifications, including setting your own notification. My partner has a brand new phone with the app freshly installed and didn't get any notifications until we chose a sound.

There is no option for ka-ching that I could easily find on the phone. So if you want that sound, you might need to find one on the internet and download it onto your phone.

Also, in the app's settings there are lots of options for how you want notifications to work.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

@enigmabear wrote:

I do not have a smart phone and would not use the app if I did so I can't comment myself

Enigma, I think you are just being a little stubborn. A smartphone is just a tool, like any other tool. It has some spectacularly useful funtions though that are truely game changing. like having navigation in your pocket, or access to pricing information so that you can see if that thing you want to buy really is a bargain.

It's the little things for me that seem unimportant or trivial but add up to big differences when I put them all together, especially over the long term. As an example, I have a storage area with about 5 isles lined floor to ceiling with shelves full of stock. When I am collecting orders to ship, I bring my smartphone with the ebay app installed so that I have a list. A list with pictures and the ability to look at the details of the listing to help me find things. No need to waste paper printing lists that do not always have all the info that I need, or going back to a computer multiple times to check things or see what the next item on the list is. And the phone has a torch for those dark corners.

While I am at it, I check to see if there have been any messages with questions from customers. Often I can answer them with a short message and a photo. By far the easiest way to do this is with my smartphone.

It's also nice to be able to see how many orders I've had and how busy I will be when I get home if I have been out all day.

To sum up, I use my smartphone all the time for lots of things. I don't use the ebay app much and prefer to actually work on a computer. However, I do find the app useful as a reference device.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

I appreciate my smartphone.

I can send messages, make phone calls and read my emails.

I don't need navigation as I normally know where I am and where I'm going.

If I need a computer, I use the one at home, which has a screen I can read and all the information I want, rather than the cutdown versions (especially the eBay app) that you have to go to the real site to get anything useful. And then have to expand to readable size and endlessly scroll.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Cheers

I am aware of all the great stuff they can do and so on,and I know how to use one and all the rest of it

I simply have no use,desire or interest in having one 

Not stubborn, simply do not want one

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply