Ebay ruled in favour of Buyer, he was refunded and got to keep the item

I sold a bottle of Boss Bottled Oud Saffron perfume. The buyer received the item and raised a dispute saying it wasn't as described. He said it wasn't sealed and a quarter of the liquid was missing. I responded by saying that the ad clearly showed that the perfume came unsealed and had been sprayed a few times. Also, the photos showed the liquid level which contradicted the buyer's claim that a 1/4 of the liquid was missing. Ebay made a decision that I didn't qualify for seller protection and ruled in favour of the buyer. The buyer never returned the item, but instead put a sham tracking number into the dispute details . So the buyer has the product and the refund! I tried talking to ebay and they told me they have nothing to do with the decision making process for the dispute, as it is up to the buyer's payment institution. They suggest I talk to the buyer to send the perfume back. What can I do to get ebay to help me from here. The man I spoke to was just unwilling to help. He said the system automatically calculated whether I qualified for the seller protection and there was nothing he could do about it. Now I'm sitting here with no product and no money. Any help greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

You cannot list an item as "new without box" when you say in the description that it had been used, so you were always going to lose an INAD dispute.

Did you send the buyer a postage label ?  If not you should have done, since the buyer is not responsible for return postage in an INAD dispute.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Was puzzled about both things too

You listed the item as being new 

How did the buyer put a 'shame tracking number'  it was up to you to provide the return postage label since you falsely listed it in the first place

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply