Ebay Scheduled Maintenance Chaos Nightmare for Sellers

Hi Fellow Sellers,

Not sure if everyone is aware but a number of sellers across the globe was affected by the "Technical Issue" that followed after the Scheduled Maintenance Last night. 

Ufortunately I was one of them which I found out when I woke up this morning. To my surprise, the following happened:

* Through my mobile, my account was still logged in however, it showed no Selling items - nothing under Active, Sold or Unsold (nutta).

* Through my mobile, my feedback was all cleared out (see attached).

* When searching for my items in ebay searching, my items came up but when I clicked on it, it displayed the Item is no longer available (as if my stored had been closed).

* When I attempted to log to my account through the Web in an attempt to contact ebay support, I got incorrect username and password (even though it's correct - was able to login using same credentials via the mobile app). I'm not sure if this is ebay's attempt in trying to cut the number of distress calls to their support staff but I eventually got ebay's contact number via Paypal - 1800 322 928. After calling the number at 8 AM (they open from 8 AM) I finally found out that there's is a "Technical Issue" at ebay causing this to happen.

My account appears to be back to normal now but what furstrated me the most was that:

1. Ebay did not send out any email to users who are affected by the problem, leaving them in complete darkness as to what is going on.

2. Ebay does not provide a way for members to contact them other than logging into their account. Their contact number is nowhere to be found on the website, I had to call PayPal to get this highly concealled 1800 number.

Losing sales in one thing but being treated like a minion and provided aboslutely no customer support after paying my dues in store fees is totally appauling.

I only hope ebay wakes up one day and sees that what makes up their income are sellers and that they should consider changing their policies to make it worthwhile to sell on ebay.

Was anyone else affected by this or have any stories to share? I'd be interested to see.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Ebay Scheduled Maintenance Chaos Nightmare for Sellers

yup things i put in watch list dont go there 

all started today when ebay changed something that worked good 

go figure 

@calsrus wrote:

Hi Fellow Sellers,

Not sure if everyone is aware but a number of sellers across the globe was affected by the "Technical Issue" that followed after the Scheduled Maintenance Last night. 

Ufortunately I was one of them which I found out when I woke up this morning. To my surprise, the following happened:

* Through my mobile, my account was still logged in however, it showed no Selling items - nothing under Active, Sold or Unsold (nutta).

* Through my mobile, my feedback was all cleared out (see attached).

* When searching for my items in ebay searching, my items came up but when I clicked on it, it displayed the Item is no longer available (as if my stored had been closed).

* When I attempted to log to my account through the Web in an attempt to contact ebay support, I got incorrect username and password (even though it's correct - was able to login using same credentials via the mobile app). I'm not sure if this is ebay's attempt in trying to cut the number of distress calls to their support staff but I eventually got ebay's contact number via Paypal - 1800 322 928. After calling the number at 8 AM (they open from 8 AM) I finally found out that there's is a "Technical Issue" at ebay causing this to happen.

My account appears to be back to normal now but what furstrated me the most was that:

1. Ebay did not send out any email to users who are affected by the problem, leaving them in complete darkness as to what is going on.

2. Ebay does not provide a way for members to contact them other than logging into their account. Their contact number is nowhere to be found on the website, I had to call PayPal to get this highly concealled 1800 number.

Losing sales in one thing but being treated like a minion and provided aboslutely no customer support after paying my dues in store fees is totally appauling.

I only hope ebay wakes up one day and sees that what makes up their income are sellers and that they should consider changing their policies to make it worthwhile to sell on ebay.

Was anyone else affected by this or have any stories to share? I'd be interested to see.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Yeah, it stuffed me up good and proper too. Even told me I no longer existed and I couldn't get onto eBay for at least 6 hours on Thursday morning. Maybe if they paid their programmers a decent wage things might improve (but I somehow doubt that'll be happening any time soon). 😞
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Just an update - ebay replied following the issue (see below).

"I have checked your seller account and no listings were ended due to yesterday’s site maintenance. All 148 are visible and viewable. eBay will automatically credit all fees for listings that ended between 2:46am AEST through 11:20am PDT on Thursday, 9/4. The additional two hours will help ensure we’re assisting all of the customers potentially affected. Any transaction defects resulting from this issue will be removed and not impact your seller performance record.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, you may call our customer support at 1800 322 928. Representatives are available Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 9:00pmSaturday - Sunday, 8:00am - 5:00pm (AEST/AEDT)."

They say I will NOT be compensated becuase none of my listings were ended during the affected window. What a load of BULL! It's true that no listings ended during that period BUT the core issue caused my listing in ebay search results NOT to be viewable. It turns up in the search results however when you click on it, ebay said the LISTING HAS ENDED (see attached)! Potential buyers who wanted to buy during that peiod would've had no way to do so!

I continue to pay my store fees and I expect quality of service instead of this VERY LIMITED compensation poilcy that does not compensate 99% of people affected!

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

FleaBay, you've done it again! unable to log in, session timeout! Worst than last time, no announcement on the .au board. Talk about maintaining low reliability, you've met that KPI 110%!

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply