Ebay's saved search emails is suddenly broken

All of a sudden Ebay has started to email me with lots of crazy results

I monitor certain rare items, and get the occasional hit, however searches that would previously email me a Gem once a month now send me like 400 items every day

It seems if there is Zero results for a Keyword in a specific category, Ebay now tries to sell me anything that matches in other categorys which produces a truckload of garbage to me and is just a total pain, so I can only put it in the trash

This has changed this past week, it WAS such a good feature and resulted in my making lots of good Buy's
it's now pointless unles this goes back to the way it worked perfectly

This feedback/Problem I hope makes it to the Highest level, because for the first time EVER I am dissapointed in the service, and with the recent outages it looks to be going down hill, is it since Meg Whitman left it's getting out of control?

Garry

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Ebay's saved search emails is suddenly broken

Comment from England (I came here via Google search): snap. I too am getting hundreds of spurious hits. Not good for me; not good for eBay, I just mass delete all their emails, possibly missing an item I would have wanted to bid on and make them money.

For the moment I am forwarding all such emails to the sender address (ebay@ebay.co.uk); I don't know if they arrive. I expect them to be ignored, but if they receive lots of such forwarded emails from many people, maybe it'll make a difference.

Also, it used to be possible to name a search; I used names like "PSU for Eric". Now names are assigned automatically and sometimes moronically; a typical subject line in an eBay email is "1 NEW: UK Only, Under £50.00".

I've complained to eBay, and I suggest that everyone affected do this too. Maybe rather than take the effort of writing an individual message, simply copy and paste the messages in this thread (the full message, not just a link, lots of detailed actual emails). And go to their "contact us - we will phone you back" service (if available), get them to ring you, and complain.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

mikegw
Community Member

I get three hits for my search but eBay emails me 70-100 hits in a different category instead.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

It would be so sad to see this great feature become a spamming avenue, Oh God what's happening to ebay???

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

When I put in a saved search for a specific brand of electronic test equipment in the industrial catergory I DO NOT WANT emails full of truck parts, wedding dresses and shoes!!!! And when I save a search for the ODROID processor in computers I DO NOT WANT emails full of Lego Starwars droids!!!!

12345.png54321.png

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply