Free Shipping Requirement - New money making technique.

Since NEW Top Seller / Premium Seller requirement have been introuced, I was thinking that Why seller has to offer free shipping with all items in order to get top seller /premium badge because there are only disadvantages if you offer free shipping with all of your items.

There are items that sometimes you need to add extra shipping if buyer buys more than 1 item. You just can't offer free postage with such items. 

Secondly, You pay more EBAY FEES with free shipping. If item cost is $10 and you add $7.5 postage, eBay will charge you fees at $10 but if you offer free postage you will pay fees on $17.50. So that is how eBay is being a smart ass in order to get more and more fees.

eBay is only supporting bigger sellers who have premium accounts with Australia post and others so they get really cheaper prices but still they are paying more fees to eBay. 

I have also noticed that if you loose your Top Seller /Premium Badge, your listings in search results will decrease too. That is very unfair with smaller sellers. 

Who to complain? 

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Free Shipping Requirement - New money making technique.

I am certainly not a big seller (well not as big since the diet lol) and I certainly don't have a contract with AP but I offer free postage on most of my store items. As they are a flat rate, unlike an auction, I know exactly what the postage and fees will be so can build the extra fee on the delivery cost into the total price. On the id that I sell at auction I do add a separate postage charge as I never have a clue how much the final price is going to be.

It is entirely my choice to offer free delivery or not and I did so before best match and perceived advantages from offering it were introduced.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 2
Latest reply