Global shipping program

Buyers beware before you purchase from US sellers check that they do not use the Global shipping program. You will have to pay 2 shipping costs. One for the seller to ship the item to the shipping company in the US. And a second exorbitant cost (min of aboutUS$25) to then ship to you. A simple $5 purchase becomes $50 before you know it. To make it worse most of the yanks don't even know they have signed up for it. This has to be one of ebays biggest rip offs yet!
Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Global shipping program

The cost of shipping is usually clear on the front page of the listing if seller is using the GSP.

Apparently the seller sends to the shipping company for free, then they pack and send for the seller.

And as you say very expensive, USA are loosing a lot of business I would imagine.

image host
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Quote: "The cost of shipping is usually clear on the front page"

NO, IT IS NOT!

the cost changes after you bought an item. The GSP is a RIP OFF! Furthermore sellers will have negative feedback automatically removed when the receive a negative because if the GSP. I'm not going to buy from anyone anymore using the GSP! Shipping through the GSP is double or more if the item was shipped instead with regular air. It's just another way of ebay ripping off users. Funny how they claimed to punish sellers jacking up shipping price, now ebay does it themselves!

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

I agree, this change has only recently come in and is part of the **bleep** sellers have to endure. I have been selling things overseas for the last 14 years and now ebay puts all these hoops for sellers to jump through, well I am getting tired of it.

I will not be selling overseas now.

The goose that laid the golden egg is slowly being strangled.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

bm62, you are in Australia, using Australia Post....how does the GSP affect you?   It is a system used in the USA for American sellers only.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Has anyone else had problems making a claim against the Global Shipping Program? eBay are saying I must make a claim for return against the seller first before they will investigate which is wrong as a matter of law. Carolinefarm
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

You don't make a claim against the GSP.....if you need to return an item you just open a dispute in ebay to return the item.  Only if the seller is not responsive do you need to ask ebay to step in and help you.

The law has nothing to do with it.....you need to follow ebay procedures to get your refunds through ebay.

I suggest you go to the trading boards and repost the question.....if you give as much information as possible you will get more help.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply