PRIVATE BIDDERS

eBay should ban scam artists hiding behind the Private Bidders or Identities protected bidders ... They are a waste of my time and genuine bidders' time ... What is so important that one must hide behind the Private Bidders' shield ??? I was bidding on an item with 22 bids, all from "Private Bidders" ... Shame, shame, shame.,
Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

PRIVATE BIDDERS

It helps dishonest sellers by preventing their victims from contacting each other to warn about their counterfeit items.
I've been researching high capacity flash memory cards & sticks currently on sale here & some of the 'buy it now' prices are highly suspect.
A while back both myself & several friends purchased a number of these items from several ebay sellers only to discover later that all were fakes.
They display the advertised capacity & you can even load files to that amount but when you go to retrieve any data beyond their true size, all you get is empty folders.
See: http://sosfakeflash.wordpress.com/fight-back/
G.
Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

PRIVATE BIDDERS

Hi mc....All id's now in a****a so no one can see who is bidding...The only ones who can see the bidder are the seller and the bidder. You can also choose to have a Private Bidding when you list your item, They are usually used if the item is delcate or if the item is of a a personal nature , or if the item is expensive and the bidder does not want to be shown.
By using the option as you create your listing, when feedback is left, it shows the feedback but not the item.

eBay should ban scam artists hiding behind the Private Bidders or Identities protected bidders

I don't understand what you mean about scammers? Why does it matter if you can't see other bidders or not. Also you do realise that when you bid your ID is hidden as well to other bidders, only the seller can see you.(and you can see your own of course) Your id appears in a***a form as well, so you are also hidden!!;-)
Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

PRIVATE BIDDERS

Not being able to see bidder's identities while bidding as well as not being able to see the item won in feedback provides a perfect cover for sellers of fraudulent items.
Just now I am looking to buy genuine flash memory & immediately struck a seller who does not reply to queries & uses private bidding while selling BIN items at less than half retail prices...need I say more?
G.
Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

PRIVATE BIDDERS

dear.abby
Community Member
I was bidding on an item with 22 bids, all from "Private Bidders" ... Shame, shame, shame.,

The others probably thought the same about your bid.

Simple answer to this is if you're not happy with this format dont bid on private listings.
Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

PRIVATE BIDDERS

hi mc,what i have noticed is private bidding is a good way for the seller to run up the price of produces from say 99c to there to there profit line, this way they dont loss money.

regards will

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

PRIVATE BIDDERS

Hi, me again, If you have a close look at some sellers, check all there items, and click on (bids) , you will find they only have "private bidders" bidding on all there items ,unless they suck someone in to bidder against them .If they have the same item at a"buy now "price you may notes the "private bidder" will run the price up to this price .As from now if i see a "privite bid" i will give it a wide berth.And never buy from that seller.Im not shore that everybody falls for these tricks but i dont.

your truely,  WILl

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

PRIVATE BIDDERS

WARNING

THIS thread is THREE YEARS OLD.......

๐Ÿ˜ฎ

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

PRIVATE BIDDERS

It might be 3 years old but some people still do not understand that if the bidding history shows  PRIVATE BIDDERs that means it is so called PRIVATE AUCTION, which is the way the sellers set the listing and ALL bidders including you will show as PRIVATE to other people.  Sellers who use that format  do that usually for most of their auctions. 

Personally I do not like to bid on private auctions; if I can buy the same thing elsewhere I do.  But that does not mean that all private auctions are being shill bid.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: โ€œThose Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocitiesโ€ .
Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

PRIVATE BIDDERS

Before a post is made the member is asked to search for similar questions, so that is what is done hence older threads being bought up so if the member has something relevant to the thread WHY is it so bad they have resurrected it?

It is obviously still a topic they want to talk about so what is the harm in that?

If it is an old thread and one is not interested then why post in it or read it one it has resurfaced?

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply