Postage

I have just sold an item for $2.50 and postage is $8 customer is going to pick up item is it fair that I have to pay a % of postage.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Postage

cq_tech
Community Member
If you haven't yet issued an invoice, you can discount the postage component to zero so that the invoice total is only the $2.50 that the buyer will be paying for the item on pickup, as FVF will be charged on the total amount paid by the buyer.
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Postage

The customer is going to pick up and you are worried about about paying % for postage? What about the buyer paying $8 for postage that is not going to be used?

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Postage

I suspect the OP is mainly concerned about paying FVF on the postage component which he won't be charging the buyer. As he should be, as 9.9% of $8 will wipe out almost half of the minimal profit that he'll make on a $2.50 item.
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Postage

I had a similar experience the buyer somehow checked out the eBay invoice as paid but came over and paid cash for the item less shipping . That was fine buy me ( no pay pal fee ) but I was slugged FVF on shipping So I sent an mail to eBay requesting a refund . Happy ending I received the refund
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply