Spoof emails

Hi people,

I got a strange looking email in my personal inbox but it says / saying it is from eBay, but i'm not so sure. It is adressed as

>>>>>>>>            "eBay" <e.reply.ebay.com.au  ,..................and then it goes on about ugg boots !!!

Anyone else  had something like this?

Edward

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Spoof emails

Is it personally addressed to you with you name and or user ID. If not then delete delete delete.
DO NOT click on any links in the email but Hover your mouse over any blue links and see if it has some unknown website if it does it's a phishing email. you can forward the whole email to spoof@ebay.com if you could be bothered.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Spoof emails

Hi there,

Yes it was personally addressed to me !!!!!  But the hackers got everyones details recently remember??? They now know my complete identity including my password!!!

So when they send me a spoof email, they can address me directly just like eBay can. This is such a disaster.

They can immitate eBay completely now.

Anyway thanks very much for answering no-one else did 😞

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Spoof emails

The only way to be 100% sure that it's genuine is if it also appears in your ebay messages inbox. Unfortunately, not all genuine ebay messages do appear there for some peculiar reason, even though they should.
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Spoof emails

REMOVED this was the number that called me

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply