Wanting to know when listing fees for stamps and collectables changed from free to $1.65c.

Hi there,

I was wondered if anyone can tell me when ebay fees for listing stamps and collectables went from free to $1.65c. It makes it very expensive now and I'll have to put my prices up otherwise it won't be worth me selling anymore. I don't sell many things and is more of a hobby than anything for me.

Kindest regards,

Debra.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Wanting to know when listing fees for stamps and collectables changed from free to $1.65c.

You get free listings with your store as BIN listings.

But you don't get free listings for auctions unless in collectables.

Have eBay seperated stamps from collectables ?

I only see 20 listings, you are probably better to close the store and just use the 40 freebies per month.

Especially now with 8 free relists, that in effect is 360 free lists.

If you have been charged when you should be eligible for free lists then call eBay to get the fees credited back.

There have been some errors with eBay charges lately.

image host

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

@strength40 wrote:

Hi there,

I was wondered if anyone can tell me when ebay fees for listing stamps and collectables went from free to $1.65c. It makes it very expensive now and I'll have to put my prices up otherwise it won't be worth me selling anymore. I don't sell many things and is more of a hobby than anything for me.

Kindest regards,

Debra.

You should still get free auctions in those categories according to their fees tables.  

If you read this list of fees you'll see in the right hand column a list of collectables categories that the free or discounted listings applies to:

http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/sites/default/files/fees_by_category_AU.pdf 

If you read the table in my next link you'll see that the auctions in those categories are free if you haven't used more than your 600 free listings, and the discounted rate of $1.65 applies for any listings over the 600 (other categories are $3).  The $1.65 is made up of $1 for the basic auction listing, 50c if you add a BIN price to the auction, plus GST of 15c. 

http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/sites/default/files/complete_fee_table_AU.pdf

If you've been charged more than you should have been, ring ebay, but check first to make sure you haven't been going over the 600. 

*edit:...  If you were charged $1.65 after you closed your store it may be because you've gone over your free listing entitlement, so it may be something to do with the timing.  Extra auctions above the 40 are charged at $1.65 for non-stores if the starting price is less than $100.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

You get free listings with your store as BIN listings.

But you don't get free listings for auctions unless in collectables.

Have eBay seperated stamps from collectables ?

I only see 20 listings, you are probably better to close the store and just use the 40 freebies per month.

Especially now with 8 free relists, that in effect is 360 free lists.

If you have been charged when you should be eligible for free lists then call eBay to get the fees credited back.

There have been some errors with eBay charges lately.

image host
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

@strength40 wrote:

Hi there,

Kindest regards,

Debra.

You should still get free auctions in those categories according to their fees tables.  

If you read this list of fees you'll see in the right hand column a list of collectables categories that the free or discounted listings applies to:

http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/sites/default/files/fees_by_category_AU.pdf 

If you read the table in my next link you'll see that the auctions in those categories are free if you haven't used more than your 600 free listings, and the discounted rate of $1.65 applies for any listings over the 600 (other categories are $3).  The $1.65 is made up of $1 for the basic auction listing, 50c if you add a BIN price to the auction, plus GST of 15c. 

http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/sites/default/files/complete_fee_table_AU.pdf

If you've been charged more than you should have been, ring ebay, but check first to make sure you haven't been going over the 600. 

*edit:...  If you were charged $1.65 after you closed your store it may be because you've gone over your free listing entitlement, so it may be something to do with the timing.  Extra auctions above the 40 are charged at $1.65 for non-stores if the starting price is less than $100.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Thanks so much I can see now I've been getting free listings again starting again from the first of the month.

I really appreciate help from both of you.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply