Why has EBAY changed the date fields in feedback panels to now only display past month, 6 months etc

As of today 9/9/2014 I am now unable to view specific dates of when feedback was left for a seller or buyer as previously able to in feedback panels.

It now displays just Past Month , Past 6 Months and Past 12 months.

This change makes it now impossible to determine time frames of sales or purchases of buyers and sellers and hense gives no indication of a buyer or sellers integrity in their feedback information and communication dates with other buyers and sellers.

If any one could it explain why the specific dates are now not available , I would appreciate their input regarding this recent change.

As far as I can determine there has been NO announcement by EBAY that this was occuring and no reason given for the changes.

Please explain if you know why ?

Many thanks ...............A concerned ebayer

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Why has EBAY changed the date fields in feedback panels to now only display past month, 6 months etc

I agree, its bloody annoying, but you can still see the actual date the feedback was left if you log on to either the feedback reply or follow-up pages below.

http://feedback.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ReviewFeedbackLeft

http://feedback.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?PersonalizedFeedbackLogin
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

I fail to see how it matters in the slightest. Feedback is voluntary anyway so who cares when it's left. If you need to know anything about a sale or purchase then you do that through your my eBay sold lists.
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

It will also help scammers so that hijacked accounts aren't as easy to detect.

Now you wont be able to see whether a seller/buyer has had very recent transactions,(any stating 1 month

could be from up to 31 days before).

It actually makes you think at times that eBay is assisting the scammers,(so what do they get out of it?)tease.gif

They wont remove or sanction scammers and some are protected so they must be knowingly assisting them,shok.gif

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

How funny you should mention that, Tazz. Only a few weeks ago we came across a very organised group of shillers using several ID across a number of accounts to bid up their Tibetan paintings, and after weeks of complaining to eBay and numerous emails and phone calls to CS, all but one of those IDs was made NARU. I'm sure you remember because you were involved as well.

Unfortunately, all of those IDs which were NARUed have now been reinstated and their thriving little Tibetan painting shill bidding business is once again going along as strongly as it ever did before they were sprung the first time.

There is now absolutely no doubt whatsoever in my mind that eBay not only turn a blind eye to shillers and scammers, in many cases they are actively promoting or supporting them, which is why I no longer sell on this site, and have restricted my now minimal buying to BIN items only. Very clearly, eBay can no longer be trusted.
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Hi there,

Your reply was very helpful and the links provided was exactly the info I was after. 

Thanks for your contribution to my post, but still makes you wonder why the info has been suppressed from the feedback panels, which is where you would expect it to be.

Cheers and happy ebaying  

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Their auction listings aren't getting many bids except for one of the accounts.

But that account has private listing - bidders' identities protected auctions or the top bidder has private

feedback.

So they can hide their shill bidding,stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

It was always going to happen as it seems to be the way things happen on here,(make a token gesture and then

let them return to their shill bidding),

eBay is making more money from them so they allow it and Trust & Safety no longer exist IMHO,shok.gif

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Believe me, I'm as annoyed as you are that the information has been removed from our personal feedback profiles and we shouldn't need to be looking elsewhere to find it.

Like you, I'd really appreciate a logical explanation from eBay as to why they've done this, because I can see no valid reason for the change, other than to make our lives even more difficult than they were previously.

It seems to me that every "improvement" eBay has made lately has actually been a retrograde step.
Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

@cq_tech wrote:

Like you, I'd really appreciate a logical explanation from eBay as to why they've done this, because I can see no valid reason for the change, other than to make our lives even more difficult than they were previously.

Whether it is logical or not is debatable but I think ebay has run out of real problems that they can fix so they do a few "improvements" just to prove to us that they are doing something.  Too bad if we, the users of ebay, don't think that they are improvements.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

If they want some real problems to fix Lyndal, how about the 'recalculate' button on their invoices for a start? Or the reversed font sizes on their shipping labels? And what about the ongoing site issues which either slow eBay to a crawl, or sometimes prevent people from logging in altogether? I can think of plenty more things to fix, even if they can't.
Message 10 of 11
Latest reply