feedback

malcolmjefferyes
Community Member
G'day , the way ebay has set up feedback is open to abuse and is being abused , in particular I refer to the seller holding the buyer to ransom by with holding their feedback until after the buyer has received the goods and left their feedback ... ie. some days after the seller has completed their side of the transaction , once the buyer has paid for the goods + the seller has sent them , that is when from their perspective the deal is finished and when they should be leaving their feedback ... not days/weeks later , and not after the buyer . this system is open to + encourages the buyers to try and extort 5 stars when may well be not warranted.
I hope ebay close this loophole promptly ,
thanks , mal
Message 1 of 38
Latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Re: feedback

Some people overdo recycling........

TCT
Message 31 of 38
Latest reply

I think that Feedback should be an automatic positive for a seller after one month if the buyer hasn't bothered to leave any yet.

That's ridiculous.. Feedback is not mandatory, buyers don't have to leave feedback if they don't want to.

I agree with you!.... Buyers can not pay and waste everyones time over and over again, and no-one can warn other sellers about this,

Yes you can. If you open Non Paying Bidder disputes when buyers don't pay, the buyer will get a strike. If sellers have blocks set in place to block these buyers, that is effectively warning a seller. If you leave a Pos with a Neg comment, then the buyer can have that removed so your feedback hasn't warned anyone

What good would a seller being able to leave a Neg do? Let's say that a seller only lists BIN items, how would you suggest that a seller look at a buyers feedback before said buyer has even bought from them? If you look at their feedback after they have bought from you and refuse to honor the sale, you leave yourself open to a Non Performing seller dispute .

Another note.. Buyer feedback is superfluous.. All it does is show you how much you have bought.. 

Yes it is nice to see feedback from sellers, but it doesn't mean anything... 

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 32 of 38
Latest reply

What's with all the noobs lately resurrecting threads?! This is the second time I've been caught out! :_|

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 33 of 38
Latest reply

luvmydog_downunder
Community Member

I always find this a very curious one, and frankly it's stupid of a seller not to apply feedback, my preference has always been straight away.

You enter into a contract with the buyer, all the buyer needs to do is pay, that's their side of the contract done.  So why aren't you leaving feedback at that point?

By putting feedback on the buyer you're now advertising your sales and/or business to anyone who checks feedback..... since around only 25-30% of buyers bother to leave feedback anyway you're mugging yourself off as a seller not to get 100% coverage on your buyers by leaving 100% of feedback for other people to see.

You know how I can tell if someone's bought something off me 10 months ago....I scroll down their feedback and look for my name.  You know how I can tell if someone who's appeared on a competitors feedback has bought off me too....I scroll down their feedback and look for my name.

Sellers aren't always sensible business people, in fact some are quite ignorant to maximising exposure and small tricks to drive extra sales, I like that, it's less robust competition for me to worry about.

Message 34 of 38
Latest reply

OMG, this thread is from 2010, dragged up again in 2011 and 2012 and now somebody has resurrected it yet again in 2013!

It is not even as if it is a subject that isn't done to death several times a week anyway.

Please let the poor thing now R.I.P

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 35 of 38
Latest reply

when is ebay going to bring back a fair feedback sysytem...A buyer can be abusive and as nasty to a seller as they want and the seller  cant comment  unless they leave the buyer positive feedback which is contradictive...they cant even leave an abusive buyer neutral feedback which in turn shows the buyer they can be as nasty and vindictive as they want and a seller cant do a thing about it

if they  dont bide by the buyers rules they cop a neg feedback...Totally unfair considering the seller is the one that spends their money on advertising with ebay..

Message 36 of 38
Latest reply

@debsbitsnpeices wrote:

when is ebay going to bring back a fair feedback sysytem...A buyer can be abusive and as nasty to a seller as they want and the seller  cant comment  unless they leave the buyer positive feedback which is contradictive...they cant even leave an abusive buyer neutral feedback which in turn shows the buyer they can be as nasty and vindictive as they want and a seller cant do a thing about it

if they  dont bide by the buyers rules they cop a neg feedback...Totally unfair considering the seller is the one that spends their money on advertising with ebay..

Open a non payment dispute and that will give the buyer a strike,(then just contact eBay and get the

negative feedback removed).

That's why you follow the system which is much more effective than leaving a neg,good.gif

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

OMG, this thread is from 2010, dragged up again in 2011 and 2012 and now somebody has resurrected it yet again in 2013!

It is not even as if it is a subject that isn't done to death several times a week anyway.

Please let the poor thing now R.I.P

Now it's back in 2016,rofl.gif

Message 37 of 38
Latest reply

yes tazz, not just a dead thread  . . . . . it's a rotting zombie thread 

Message 38 of 38
Latest reply