Bulk Listing of different items

Hi, I have sold on ebay before but I now want to sell my collection of Painted Pony figurines.  Each one is different and a different price, but I don't have the time to list each one individually.

I don't have an ebay store, just me.

Is there a way I can say, put in a title of Trail of Painted Ponies, then have a drop down box with the name of the pony and price?

Any help would be so much appreciated,

Thanks.

Pat

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bulk Listing of different items

I think that listing them individually is the way to go.

I say that because you will need to take more than 1 picture of each item. You will need to show all sides, as well as any flaws or blemishes specific to that item.

List them in small batches so it's not overwhelming. 

Once you have done the first one, you can use that listing as a template to do the rest.

Variations are definitely useful, but in your case, because each item is numbered, signed etc, they each deserve their own listing.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Variation listings - 

Creating listings with variations | eBay

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

You can create a variation listing, but you will still need a picture of each item to attach onto each variation - this will provide visual clarity to the buyer and minimise issues.

You will be able to price each one individually in the listing.

How many do you have?

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

I use many variation listing and they go ok.

But,  alarm bells ring for me when you say different pricing,   yes it caters for that,  but you will get buyers who think you are doing a dodgy by having various prices.   You will get far more questions in regards to pricing.

There are also often complaints on here about variation listing where sellers have one low priced item listed, and all the rest are much higher,  as it is seen by some as just trying to suck you in to look at the ad.

I now only use variations when all items are of the same price.

And setting up individual listings is not that much harder, you still need photo's and possibly slightly different description's.   Do one listing, then use the ''sell similiar'' all you have to do is change picture, a couple of words, and hit list item.

Don't get me wrong I like variations,  just not for differing priced items

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Hi, thanks for that, the figurines are all different and some are more valuable than others as most are signed and numbered by the artist.  So I suppose I am going to have to sit here for a couple of days and just list them individually.  I was asking because I bought from a seller who had items of different colours and when I chose the pink the price increased by $2 from the black one.  So I thought I would be able to do the same and have the different price show up when they selected a particular figurine.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

I have 28 figurines and could be more once I start sorting them out.  I do have photos 🙂

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

I think that listing them individually is the way to go.

I say that because you will need to take more than 1 picture of each item. You will need to show all sides, as well as any flaws or blemishes specific to that item.

List them in small batches so it's not overwhelming. 

Once you have done the first one, you can use that listing as a template to do the rest.

Variations are definitely useful, but in your case, because each item is numbered, signed etc, they each deserve their own listing.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply