Cancelled sale

Really just a question to learn others ideas.

I purchases an item (other account) a couple of weeks ago that was pick up only.  That was fine but seller was away & got back to me in a timely fashion to arrange collection.  It had been Best Offer and mine was accepted.  Seller contacted me and said would be near my address so would drop it in.,  All went well, dropped in. paid cash and I gave glowing feedback as they had made the effort for me.

Couple of days later there was a message in ebay that sale had been cancelled, did I get refund.  Today, a couple of weeks later similar message but it said "Buyer requested sale" be cancelled.  I ferlt a bit put out as I paid the asking price only a couple of $ more than what I offered.  The only reason I can think that she cancelled the sale would be to get back the Ebay fees.  Believe me it was not a lot.

Are sellers resorting to this so save fees.  The feedback I left her is still there.

Am I being over the top?

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Cancelled sale

Wow. Just when you think you've heard it all! I would definitely report. That's a flatout breach of policy. They use the platform to sell, they need to pay for that privilege. Unbelievable. That's a first. I've never heard of that happening

Message 11 of 11
Latest reply