Changed item description after buying.

Hi, I recently purchased a record LP box set. I have gone into my purchased items to check how far off delivery is only to find the item description has changed to 'CD box set'.

I haven't received the item yet so the records may come but I'm highly doubtful.

How do I prove I bought records and not cds if the seller has changed the description?

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Don't worry about it until you receive the item....you may never have to prove anything.

However it is easy enough to do.....your paypal receipt will have the original title on it.

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Excellent, thank you. Why would they do that, though?

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Nope, just checked paypal and it has changed to what the current description reads.

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Did you get an email to say you were the winning bidder/you bought?  They could'nt have changed your email so don't delete that, or if you already have, see if you can recover it,in case you need it

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

The email only has a link to the order....of course when I click the link it comes up with the altered ad.....I did find that I had taken a screenshot of my purchase where it distinctly states 'records'
Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

I have sat late at night having a few Japanese sakes only to look the next morning at some of the things I bought.

Oh well, can't hurt to have 2 of some things.

My point, is it possible after looking at many different listings you may have accidentally purchased the CD set instead ?

image host
Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Just I thought

When I've bought things, the email has said confirmation of you order (and the item name)

I have'nt bought for a few weeks so maybe they have changed the email layout

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

If you open the listing in your purchase history there'll be a link on the page somewhere that says something like "see original listing", or something to indicate that you'll be viewing what you actually bought, so don't panic. It's nothing sinister, it's just ebay's way of allowing sellers to change a listing after part of it has sold, but without affecting the buyer.
Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

@cactusfever01 wrote:

Nope, just checked paypal and it has changed to what the current description reads.

It is not possible to change the title in paypal after you have bought the item.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply