How to be a Top Helpful Authors

Hi guys

I am a newcomer at here

I found that some members are shown in the top helpful author ranking, how can i in it?

Hope you can give me some advise,thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 51
Latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

The answer is simple.

Be a helpful eBay poster.

When genuine eBay members find posts helpful, they give the post a helpful click. Over time, 1+1=2 and so on.

Message 2 of 51
Latest reply

Why do you care?

You have 60k+ Feedback, have posted a whole twice in 4 months.

To be a top helpful author (something I've never heard of) you would certainly need to average better than 6 posts a year. And they would also need to be helpful, as deemed by other members

Message 3 of 51
Latest reply

if you have to ask . . . . . . .

Message 4 of 51
Latest reply

Okay, it's the bit on the right-side.

I have 46 helpful posts and I'm not even in the top 10. Your 2 unhelpful ones won't even get you in the frame.

Like I said, why do you care? You are not a regular board member, and thus are unlikely to hit the heights of top rated author.

Message 5 of 51
Latest reply

Depends which board you look at Dave.

This is for the Discussion Boards as a whole - 

top helpful.png

Message 6 of 51
Latest reply

arctoph_49
Community Member

I don't think it means much at the end of the day. There are also many contests here where people can be given many likes or helpfuls, but of course they have nothing to do with eBay or with really being helpful. Although I only joined recently, I vaguely remember visiting in the past when I had a question I wanted to look up, and the old forum didn't have top helpfuls at all I think? I probably only visited it a couple of times, but I don't think I ever saw top helpfuls.

I am not sure why you care. It won't improve sales or anything and whom you see depends on your settings - the forum you are looking at, the time range etc. It is nice to show appreciation if you like a post or if a post makes you smile, but it doesn't really mean much (like on Facebook or any other social media platform), and personally I liked the old forum better (if my memory of it does not fail me). I mean, it is nice to show appreciation, but it should be more of a personal thing.

Message 7 of 51
Latest reply

The kudos became helpfuls.

Given where the OP is registered I would have thought a flack jacket - if he had even read the threads here. 

Message 8 of 51
Latest reply

Your best bet would be to change a couple of things that are glaringly obvious in your account, and forget about getting kudoes on the boards, which are going to help you as much as the so called "Top Rated Seller" label which is, at best, a misnomer.

1.  Your feedback at 98.6% with 212 revised feedback would have many buyers hitting the backbutton on their computer. 99.5% feedback is what most responders here see as a minimum for a reliable seller.

2.  You claim your items are in Regents Park when you are registered in China. Sorry, but that is a very well-known ploy by Chinese (and other) overseas registered sellers to disguise the fact that their goods are not really in Australia but are in fact in China, and are being drop-shipped to Australia from China.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 9 of 51
Latest reply

@domino-710 wrote:

The kudos became helpfuls.

Given where the OP is registered I would have thought a flack jacket - if he had even read the threads here. 

I meant there were no "top" contributors, not on the main page at least, not as far as I can remember, but I could be wrong. I do think kudoes were better, just meaning you liked something. Funny stuff is not really "helpful" per se, so "helpful" is not appliable to everything.

Maybe they are trying to motivate people to offer advice and their time for free, as people here say that eBay don't read or reply.

Message 10 of 51
Latest reply