Managed payments

I noticed selling fees is higher with managed payments.  I was forced into it or they close my selling account. Why is this? Is managed payments compulsory? Thanks

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Managed payments

imastawka
Honored Contributor

If you want to sell on ebay, then yes, it is 

But remember, there are no fees paid to Paypal anymore

Introducing managed payments | eBay

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

imastawka
Honored Contributor

If you want to sell on ebay, then yes, it is 

But remember, there are no fees paid to Paypal anymore

Introducing managed payments | eBay

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

yes but you send and get your money instantly with paypal, also I do not want my money in my business accopunt as I use paypal to pay my accounts, a **bleep** system for sure

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Bad luck. This is the way it is for eBay sellers.

I just transfer money in a timely manner from my bank account to Paypal. Simple.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

and please do remember that there were ZERO fees for Australian bank to bank transfers.

It would seem eBay have stepped in the middle of this process, made is slower, and now charged a fee for it ????

Not all sales on eBay were paid with PayPal...so all of those millions of payments processed by Aus. bank to bank before are now being gleaned more $'s by eBay

under old system :
bank to bank payment no fees, and then PayPal fees if PayPal used.

new managed payment system :

new fees on bank to bank payments and also the prior fees when buyers use PayPal

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

What I find frustrating is the control over "my" money has been taken away. For example I would pay eBay fees sometimes from other accounts, keeping any sales payment in PayPal for my purchases and generally mix it around but always being in control. Somehow now this is not at all satisfactory and I also find the fees on sales is more spotlighted and really see what the transactions are costing me - particularly on under $100 items.

No - give me back the old system.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply