New Banking registration to sell on Ebay

Does other ebay sellers have concerns about setting up the new banking registration - where in step 2  ebay are asking for your customer ID and password to your bank account -  We all lnow we should never give out our banking information yet this is the only way you can move forward to sell on ebay - What are your suggestions or thoughts- 

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: New Banking registration to sell on Ebay

joz15au
Community Member
I never had to give my password and ID when I went on to managed payments, just the account number and a scan of my statement showing that it was in my name. I would never give anyone my password and ID.
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Same here. Just a copy of my statement showing the BSB and account number with my name on it.
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Yes, that's our experience too.
Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Or download  PROOF OF ACCOUNT  from your bank, it is accepted by  ebay for managed payments.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Hi.  And where and how did you send that to, the paper copy verion of statement?  I only get, as original poster, 'put in your bank login number and bank password!  Cheers.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

@texas.holdems.chillis.and.spices wrote:

Hi.  And where and how did you send that to, the paper copy verion of statement?  I only get, as original poster, 'put in your bank login number and bank password!  Cheers.

That's all I got.

I gave it to them, waited the less than a minute it took to verify my bank account, then changed the password.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

I had to provide my license number and bank account details but the bank account process was exactely the same process as if I was applying for a loan with a financial institution so it was 100% safe.

But I'm scratching my head on the license ID because no one has mentioned that part on these boards.

Unless ebay are requiring different types of ID from different members?

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

I just removed bank account payment from my listings 2 weeks ago then less than 1 week ago this. 

I'm not set up yet, though I've tried.

I was asked for my driver's licence # too.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply