eBay plus joining voucher issue - what ombudsman I can go

Hi Experts,

Need little help here. I have joined Australia eBay plus membership in August by using their promotional email which says that I will get $50 Voucher after joining. First they said I will get it within 24 hours, then they said as per policy , I will get it on 18 September. And still I haven't received it. I requested supervisor call, no luck. They all promised that they will call me back but no response. On call they say that's it's ongoing issue and there is no timeframe for it. So now I told them to cancel my membership and refund money but they said that cooling period is over.

Some of the people are very rude, I tried every method chat, call , email, no luck.

So just need to know which ombudsman I can approach? I asked eBay about it but they didn't provide any information at all.

Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: eBay plus joining voucher issue - what ombudsman I can go

If I cancel my membership now, I won't get refund. I have checked everything  before posting my post and I just need Ombudsman info. Thanks

Message 11 of 21
Latest reply

I quite honestly doubt any Ombudsman is going to be interested in a 50 buck voucher.

Just cancel the membership - and really think - in future - what you are signing up to.

Message 12 of 21
Latest reply

May be that's why they are doing it because they know no one will report. It's not about $50 but fake promises and we should report it. Doesn't matter they take action or not. Even if I don't get my money back at least it will be in ACCC and ombudsman database and it will help people in future.

Message 13 of 21
Latest reply

Ok,  I declare this a case for Judge Judy.

Message 14 of 21
Latest reply

You posted this -

I went through ACCC website, it says they don't resolve individual issues

So that seems to be the end of it.

Just cancel your membership, you won't get a refund, but at least you won't be paying every month.

Message 15 of 21
Latest reply

Actually - no.

Take another look at what the ACCC is really interested in.

Message 16 of 21
Latest reply

it sounds like just another ebay scam just like their tax on international postage scam!

Message 17 of 21
Latest reply

@creekman51 wrote:

it sounds like just another ebay scam just like their tax on international postage scam!

You were given a solution to your problem in your thread by Cam, but you chose to ignore it and belittle other posters instead.

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/postage-rippoff/td-p/2534982

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 18 of 21
Latest reply

Same thing happened to me. Didn't get the voucher in the allowed time frame so contacted them. I was asked what date and time I had accepted the offer. Thankfully I took a screenshot after I accepted so was able to provide that precise info. Maybe this is what gave me a different outcome. They said it would be available within 10 days after this and it was. 

Message 19 of 21
Latest reply

I did same and provided evidence but no luck so far

Message 20 of 21
Latest reply