04-09558-28626 Via ebay(sidney)Money been dedicated from my accounts.

frfio-81
Community Member

Hi my nome is [removed]

$584 have been dedicated from my accounts. 

And I don't know anything about. 

Can you help please. 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Frank, it is possible that the amount has NOT been taken from your bank account.

You should check your bank account by opening a new browser tab and typing in the URL, not by clicking onto a link if you’ve been given a link by someone else. (Even someone claiming to be eBay or your bank.)

Or… call your bank using the number on your credit card or debit card. Do NOT use a number given to you by someone else. (This holds true even if you’ve received a call or text message that looks as if it’s from eBay or your bank. The number may well have been spoofed, and that makes it difficult to determine the legitimacy of the call or text message.)

I am stressing this because too many people have been scammed by the infamous scam in which scammers contact their next victim, pretending to be eBay warning you of a hacking attempt, or pretending to be your bank warning you of fraudulent withdrawals, etc. The purpose of these scammers is always to take advantage of their victim, defrauding then, cheating them, stealing from them, stealing their identity and private information (which can then be used for further criminal activity). They will pretend to be anyone at all if the scam gives them what they want. They will pretend to be concerned for your account or funds, and will ooze sympathy and helpfulness, all the while that they are ruthlessly robbing you blind.

They will give links or phone numbers pretending to be from eBay or your bank or whatever organisation it may be… but if you click onto those links, you will be giving them access to your devices or giving them private information or access to your account.

If you have indeed been called or emailed by one of these scammers and there’s any chance you gave the scammers information that might aid them to access your account or transfer your money anywhere, IMMEDIATELY call your bank directly to explain (or go to the branch in person).

Post here if you need further advice. You can also report the scam to www.scamwatch.gov.au and to ReportCyber (www.cyber.gov.au) but that is not as urgent as contacting your bank if your money is at  immediate risk.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Can you please clarify that money has really been deducted from your account (as in, it is on your bank statements)

Or did you get an email saying you have had money deducted

IF it is indeed showing on your statement/s as a real charge, and you do not allow anyone else to use you account, you need to contact your bank right now to suspend / cancel your card and get them to investigate the charge

And you need to contact eBay to report your account has been hacked/compromised 

IF it is an email claiming you have been charged, it would be a scammer/phishing email

Did you get an email, and did you click on any links in it?

Simply put - if you received an email saying this amount has been deducted from your account & you clicked on any link within that email - phone your bank and put a stop on your card/account.

Immediately.

It's a scam.