Item was reported lost by postal service , refund obtained from Ebay then item turns up!

Hi all,

I ordered an item which was tracked as leaving country of origin but then no further progress. Another item from seller posted a day later arrived. After waiting a week contacted seller and suggested tracking item in postal service in receiving country which showed that item was in transit.

After waiting until the date suggested by the postal service tracking service then opened an enquiry with that postal service. Their investigation concluded that the item was lost. 

I notified seller and ebay and received a refund.

The item then arrived a week later.

I cannot find anywhere to make ebay reinstate the charge or even to notify them that the item did arrive  as the item is listed as case closed with no ability to appeal or reopen the case.  Ebay tracking showed the item marked as arrived.

Did the seller have to pay the refund?

Will paying the seller back directly mean I am going outside of ebay's policy and can I be charged again by ebay when they bother to look at their tracking?

Any help from ebay staff or a seller appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

no ebay staff here....

if you are happy with the item contact the seller and ask them for their Paypal account....you can then pay them, rightfully.

Ebay is now out of the picture....

the seller is out of pocket, so, you need to 'make good' with them.....ask them how they would like payment...they will be most appreciative

Answers (0)