I have bougth a item on ebay for 0.99 and the selller is tell me that i have to pay $20.00 for it h

y do i have to pay 20.00 for it    item number 271713120769

and has put it back on for $20.00

that is not right

Thanks

View Entire Topic

Kelly, I shall give a response down the middle seeing as the other 2 responses are from one extreme to the other.

The seller is a new account and is probably unaware of the rules.

A seller should make themselves familiar before agreeing to the terms and conditions but the reality is many don't.

I would politely advise the seller that "When an item is sold at auction on ebay, the seller is required to complete the sale or risk being reported for non performance and possibly receive negative feedback from upset buyers".

"But seeing as you understand they were probably unaware that they need to start an auction at a price they are prepared to sell at in case only one bid is placed, you are prepared to make the purchase on the new listing". (If you are still wanting the item) 

To me it still looks like good value at 20.

Even though the ebay rules need to be respected, it should still be a platform that has common sense with some give n take.

If you are not interested in purchasing, probably best to give them the friendly advice and leave it at that.

Happy New Year.